Updated: May 9 2012
||Contracts Administration, Contracts Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Purpose of the Role:
Contributing to the expansion of Addax' operations in Nigeria through the provision of Commercial and material management support to the Facilities Department.
• Provide project specific supervision regarding the management of Contracts prepared by the Contracts Analyst and liaise with the Contracts Administrators and Legal Department on associated issues, as and when necessary.
• Provide pre and post award contract administration services in respect of Project contracts, including the following specific duties:
- Support the Project Manager in pre-award and post award contract negotiations.
- Review incoming contractual letters from contractors and NNPC, provide consultation and timeously draft outgoing letters in conjunction with, and for signature by Project Manager.
- Review claims submitted by contractors and prepare position papers on such claims in consultation with the Project Manager and where required, support from the Legal Department, Corporate Contracts Department and other support departments.
- Manage a register of Contract Variation Requests and assist in the preparation of proposed Contract Variations.
• Participate in negotiations and preparation of commercial agreements, with suppliers;
• Manage, in conjunction with the Senior Contracts Analyst, interface with PSC Admin Group in relation pre-award contract progress within NNPC processes.
• Review status of ongoing contract commitments for FACILITIES to ensure contract/work time schedules are being adhered to and contract ceiling values not being exceeded. In relation to the review, issue a ninety day look ahead Report periodically to Sponsors.
• Assist the Project Cost Engineers/Sponsors with analysis of commitments against contract ceiling values.
• In conjunction with Project Services, prepare periodic reports covering project commercial and legal activities, progress and areas of concern.
Key Performance Indicators/ Performance Goals:
1. Act as focal point for Contract activities based on Project requirements.
2. Support the General Manager of FACILITIES in promoting continuous improvement in contracting processes and ensure that all contractual compliance, commercial and financial information is provided in accordance with company standards and local operational needs on a timely basis;
3. Assist in the identification of cost savings through clear and concise contract pricing structures.
4. Ensure adherence to stakeholders procedures.
5. Provide Budget monitoring support to Project Management in respect of contracting strategies and associated contract commitments.
6. Protect the FACILITIES Department against liabilities and claims and secure compliance with all contractual and legal obligations, involving other support Departments as required.
7. Assist the Contracts Analyst to eliminate un-favourable terms and condition in Project contracts.
8. Dairy contract ceilings, durations and expenditures, provide sufficient advance notice for Project Managers to take necessary remedial actions as required to ensure contractual cover exists to complete Company commitments.
9. In conjunction with Contract Sponsors, monitor contractor performance and provide measurements of performance such as number of non-compliance reports issued, NPT record of contractor, LTA against contractor, Variation Orders requests, claims etc.
10. Contribute to continually promoting, communicating and reinforcing the critical importance of safe HSE working practices within the operation to ensure compliance with company policies and international standards.
11. Develop and maintain relationships with supplier, industry bodies, government agencies and other groups who will enhance and support the business, and contribute to promoting the Company as a local partner.
What technical skills are required for success in the role?
- A minimum of 15 years' experience in Contract Management in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Previous experience of alliance and risk-reward contracting would advantageous.
- Excellent understanding of the material management processes.
- Fluent command of the English language is mandatory.
What are the personal and interpersonal skills required for success in the role?
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to develop and manage projects and teams
- Conversant with material management processes and governance
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and multicultural environment
- A self-starter and highly motivated
- Strong flexibility and demonstrable adaptability skills
What background and practical experience are necessary for success in the role?
- University degree or higher in oil industry technical field/legal/finance/commercial discipline
- 15 years + industry experience in commercial and materials fields
- Previous experience in West Africa will be an advantage.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available