Updated: Jun 26 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
As a result of this new joint venture, our client will need to bring on some talented industry professionals to help them continue to explore and develop its assets throughout South Texas.
The Drilling Engineer will be responsible for the following:
• Directing and supervising daily drilling operations in a manner that will ensure continued safety and profitability.
• Development of drilling programs, control and daily operational monitoring of project implementation.
• Working closely with different teams, geologists, production and service company personnel to ensure an efficient operation
• Developing, designing and managing drilling programs for newly planned wells. This will include giving support to the preparation of economic and technical evaluation of tenders, provision of materials, preparation and control of AFE's.
• Supervising and coordinating all field personnel and contractors related to specific projects ensuring cost effectiveness and efficient performance. Onsite support for key drilling operations.
• Ensuring that operations are run in safe and environmentally sound manner.
• Establish criteria measuring operations and regularly appraise and evaluate results against these standards.
• Recommend and conduct engineering studies to improve drilling operational performance.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The finalist will possess a Bachelors degree with a curriculum in Petroleum Engineering. The successful candidate should also have 1 - 3 years of experience in well planning, drilling and field operations. His/her experience should include South Texas or analogous geologic basins, HT/HP technology and experience in dealing with difficult drilling conditions. Logistics experience would be an advantage as the Drilling Engineer will have to manage service contracts for drilling projects, maintain relationships with contractors and internal customers.
The Drilling Engineer must be an articulate, organized, disciplined individual with a reputation for integrity and sound business judgment. This individual must have the character and professionalism that will establish immediate credibility with the company and industry personnel. The successful candidate must also have well-developed social and interpersonal skills, comfortable with applying current technology, and be able to communicate well and deal persuasively with individuals at all levels, both within and outside the company. The ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available