Updated: May 2 2012
||Logistics Coordinator, Purchasing
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Senior Expediting Specialist will report to the APLNG Expediting Manager and perform expediting activities in accordance with Project Procurement and Functional Expediting Procedures. In addition, the Senior Expediting Specialist will ensure the timely delivery of materials and equipment to meet project needs. With all the new hires to Bechtel that have recently joined the APLNG Expediting Team, the candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of Bechtel Expediting Experience.
Essential Job Duties
1. Contacts suppliers to obtain timely submission of engineering data and to follow-up on material acquisition, production progress and shipment.
2. Evaluates production schedules and progress reports from suppliers to determine if their programs and work progress meet jobsite requirements.
3. Provides early warning to the Expediting Supervisor of supplier deficiencies or schedule slippage.
4. Compiles data needed to prepare the critical items reports or other supplementary reports as required. Coordinates the accumulation of data from project expediters and issues reports for the expediting group.
5. Coordinates with planning and scheduling, field material coordinators or jobsite project expeditors and construction to establish priorities, sequences and required delivery dates and instructs suppliers accordingly.
6. Expedites Bechtel engineering for the timely review, approval and return of engineering data submitted by suppliers.
7. Represents expediting at project team meetings.
8. Maintains a working file of expediting related documents and memoranda of conversations to record expediting activities. Maintains a system to initiate follow-up actions at appropriate times.
9. Provides information for area expediting assignments for prime and suborders as necessary.
10. Monitors outstanding area expediting assignments, reviews expediting reports, and takes corrective action on problems identified in the reports.
11. Updates Bechtel Procurement System (BPS) and Supplier Performance Database (SPD) in a timely manner.
12. Obtains copies of supplier's orders for material, performs sub-supplier expediting, where necessary, and works closely with supplier quality representatives to ensure awareness of materials subject to quality performance and their locations of manufacture.
13. Coordinates shipping arrangements or tracking requests with the project traffic representative.
14. Reviews material receiving reports against shipping documents to verify that material has been received at jobsite. Assists in tracing missing material.
15. Subject to project requirements, monitors the issuance of material requisitions, and other project and procurement actions affecting material deliveries.
16. Has a minimum of 1,000 hours shop expediting visits.
17. Skilled in the use of Bechtel Procurement System (BPS) and the Supplier Performance Database (SPD) functions.
18. Ability to work with engineering, construction and the other procurement team members.
19. Good understanding of production methods and stays abreast of all supplier fabrication steps.
20. Familiar with expediting points of order for pre-award and post-award meetings with suppliers.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available