Energy Staffing Professionals
Updated: May 7 2012
||Budget / Cost Control, Project Controls
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our Shipyard/Fabrication client has an immediate need for a Sr. Estimator at their Galveston, TX facility. This will be a full time staff position with excellent salary/bonus potential, benefits and growth opportunity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Reviews estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy.
* Reviews construction documents and understands scope of work to bid.
* Executes take-offs of documents.
* Inputs take-offs into computer spreadsheet.
* Obtains pricing for materials.
* Obtains bids from subcontractors.
* Prepares cost analysis in computer by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items.
* Where predetermined standard(s) are not available, makes an estimate.
* Informs immediate supervisor of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items or computer database.
* Tracks actual costs on ongoing jobs.
* Maintains and fosters good subcontractor relationships with Company's core values in mind.
Required Education & Experience:
* Project management training with 5 years marine project or production experience. Degree in Naval Architecture, Structural or Mechanical Engineering preferred. An MBA would be a plus.
* 3-10 years of related experience as an Estimator.
* Or, PMI certification or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Has the ability to schedule projects
* Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
* Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
* Prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently
* Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
* Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available