Senior Instrument Engineer
Swift World Wide Resources
Updated: May 1 2012
||Instrument & Controls Engineer, FPSO, topside, offshore, electrical, chemical, mechanical
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our client is a full service engineering company located in Houston, involved in the upstream oil and gas industry. The company provides project management services ranging from conception throughout the detailed design process, primarily focusing on FPSO topsides.
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
• A great opportunity for someone who wants to continue career growth while obtaining job security (not a single employee was laid-off during the economic downturn)!
• Very family-oriented environment (family-style breakfasts hosted weekly).
• Flexible, relaxed, and casual work environment-jeans are acceptable daily.
• Great Benefits-health, dental, and life insurance, 401k matching 6% beginning your first date of hire, paid parking, among others.
• Generous compensation package.
• Wonderful working environment utilizing the core values of health, safety, environment, and quality!
• Managed by highly-respected industry professionals that have been in the business for over 30 years.
• Partners with successful company, working on projects worldwide.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
You will support the Engineering team in order to meet department and project organizational requirements. You will be:
• Reviewing standard specifications, procedures and project requirements.
• Participating in P&ID development and review.
• Generating Instrument Database, maintaining requisition numbers for all instruments and issues monthly status updates or as required.
• Calculating sizes and specifics inline instrument devices (flow elements, PSV's, control valves).
• Specifying other field and control room instruments.
• Coordinating automated valve specifications with the Piping Specification Engineer.
• Preparing inquiry requisitions, technical bid evaluations and purchases order requisitions (POR) for all instruments and installation commodities.
• Establishing control, shutdown and interlock requirements for the automated valves, motors, and equipment drives.
• Identifying control system or PLC inputs, outputs, controls, displays, reports and related requirements.
• Coordinating the project control systems interface requirements for major mechanical packages through the Mechanical originators beginning before the inquiry.
• Reviewing vendor data for Instrument and mechanical equipment packages with timely turnaround.
• Coordinating inline dimensional data issue to Piping and verifying flow element isometric drawings as required.
• Exercising good engineering practices and safety fundamentals to ensure that fabrication and operation functions comply with design criteria.
• Creating any control, time-sequence, interlock, shutdown and Cause and Effect Diagrams or SAFE Charts required.
• Sketching level bridle and vessel connections, control system interconnection block diagrams, typical loop blocks and patterns, analyzer connections and interfaces and other complex installations.
• Reviewing and evaluates the quality of design data before beginning the design process.
• Working with the Design section providing information and guidance toward once- through work.
• Reviewing all data for the Control Room arrangement and layout of consoles, cabinets, racks and associated instruments.
• Developing layouts and details for the installation of the control instruments, instrument racks, computer flooring, etc.
• Participating in decisions concerning staged delivery of equipment to accommodate fabrication.
• Attending meetings and provides technical support as required.
• Identifying and provides timely information required by other disciplines.
• Located in West Houston, 5 miles away from the uptown Galleria area.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering.
• 10+ years of experience (preferred; however, flexible on experience).
• Experience in offshore platforms and FPSO's.
• Familiarity with SPI (INtools); ISA, IEC, API codes.
• Experience using Microsoft Office.
• Experience with P&ID development; RP14C SAFE Charts, Cause and Effect Diagrams, Instrument Calculations, Specification and Datasheet development.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Ability to travel, occasionally overseas.
• Must be US citizen/Green card holder.
• Experience with Installation and Commissioning a plus*.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available