Universal Personnel, LLC
Updated: May 21 2012
||Contracts Administration, Materials Management , Purchasing
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
PLANT IN HOUSTON NEEDS:
• Direct Hire / Staff Position
Large, International Energy Company - with major plays happening in 2Q2012 - needs a Contract Specialist for its Houston facility: provide support to the business for optimizing tactical and strategic services procurement/contracting activities; develops and executes a work process for the management of contracts; and performs technical and commercial analysis to ensure that contracts are managed and maintained to deliver expected results.
The Contract Specialist will be responsible for:
• Providing professional contracting services - ensuring quality materials and services are available at competitive prices to meet customer requirements, concurrent with minimizing business risks.
• Compliance with all relevant Procurement policies and procedures.
• Developing contracts to enable the procurement of services through standard processes.
• Understanding the various contract options and applications available.
• Developing bid packages, submitting Requests for Proposals to prospective bidders, leading contractor meetings to bring clarity to work being requested, coordinating communications with bidders, analyzing proposals and working cooperatively with local Business Unit personnel to award work.
• Early involvement in capital projects and plant turnarounds to identify and recommend contracting strategies, commercial considerations and options for sources.
• Negotiating commercial considerations and contract language.
• Networking and integrating with the local Business Unit, Global Procurement Services, Legal Department and Contractors to verify proper processes are followed, requirements are met and proper communications occur.
• Utilizing purchasing tools including but not limited to SAP Materials Management Module and Integrated Contract Management System.
• Administering contracts and outlining agreements to include but not limited to extensions, amendments, price updates and dispute resolution.
• Ensuring that all Purchasing activities are in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and Internal control Standards.
• Membership on Global Procurement Services' Commercial Network.
• Documenting, calculating and reporting cost savings.
The ideal Contract Specialist will have:
• 5+ years' experience in Purchasing and Supply Chain.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Logistics, Procurement, or related field.
• A good understanding of contract language and the contracting process.
• Refining experience.
• Experience working with contractors.
• Commercial and market knowledge.
• Negotiating skills - the capability to identify opportunities to leverage local, regional, and corporate spend.
• Strong computer skills.
• The aptitude to become proficient in the use of SAP, and Global Contract Management System.
• Experience in the use of Microsoft Office tools.
• Working knowledge of SAP Materials Management, Plant Maintenance and Project Systems.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills (i.e. critical and evaluative thinking).
• Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter, self-directed, and self-managed.
• The ability to effectively managing multiple projects and priorities.
• Strong communication skills - the proven ability to interface effectively with internal and external clients at all levels.
• The ability to work independently in client-facing situations and guide others in the procurement process.
• Networking and interpersonal skills that result in teamwork, influence, trust and strong relationships.
• The ability to mentor others to foster professional growth.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available