Updated: Jul 24 2012
||Mechanical Supervisor, Operations Manager, Site Engineer
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
To provide strategic direction and overall management of all activities of the Imperial Oil Ltd (IOL) Kearl contract ensuring alignment and consistent approach and support are being provided to all facets of the operations team.
Safety & Quality:
• Fully understand the requirements of the relevant Occupational Health and Safety Legislation, in particular, with the duties and responsibilities of the organisation;
• Maintaining a pro-active approach by implementing and promoting HSE awareness in regards to personal well being as well as that of their fellow employees, including the state of his/hers surroundings prior to, whilst working and on completion of all work;
• Comply with and enforce FTS and client health, safety and environment policies and procedures;
• Ensure that all employees in the workplace (including those of Subcontractors) comply with the site safety requirements and take immediate action against those who do not;
• Participate and ensure that all leaders within the FTS organization participate in regular safety audits / inspections;
• Participation in HSE, QA and Customer Service training and meetings as required;
• Initiate appropriate systems to set, monitor and continuously improve standards for procedures and service, while providing a work environment and systems of work that secure the health safety and welfare at work of employees;
• Steward and ensure compliance with FTS and contract specific quality assurance and safety programmes at the same time promoting a continuous improvement philosophy;
• Ensure quality system audits and compliance are administered and adhered to on an ongoing and regular basis;
• Steward the development of methods to correct deficiencies identified in quality system audits.
• Understand and steward all aspects of the FTS / IOL contract for the Kearl site;
• Develop and implement a seamless best practice maintenance and reliability solution for FTS maintenance operations integrating, where appropriate, all IOL and FTS personnel and processes;
• Ensure labour relations strategies are in place and fit for purpose at the Kearl site;
• Ensure human resource strategies are in place and fit for purpose at the Kearl site;
• Ensure all necessary administrative controls are in place and adhered to at the Kearl site;
• Ensure communication and best practice sharing occurs between the Kearl operation and all other FTS operational sites;
• Drive strategic reviews of maintenance and reliability engineering performance to enable the continuous and pro-active improvement of each of the operational areas' performance;
• Ensure sound relationships are in place between the FTS Kearl leadership team and the relevant client stakeholders;
• Foster strong business partnerships between the FTS Kearl leadership team and all facets of the FTS corporate support organization;
• Recognize and execute issue escalation and resolution practices at appropriate times and to appropriate levels.
• Develop and steward the year on year budget preparation, monitoring and execution of both client and FTS budget cycles;
• Negotiate all KPI metrics for the Kearl operation;
• Ensure budgets and forecasting are delivered on time and to a high level of accuracy;
• Recognize and implement scope growth opportunities that exist for FTS at the Kearl site;
• Grow the business year on year by providing excellent service and leveraging new opportunities of service at the Kearl site.
• Steward continuous improvement through the use of the Better Way system;
• Maintain overall accountability for the development of the site staff and the adherence to all Organisational Development policies and procedures including Key Position Management, Workforce Skills Upgrade Program, Workforce Performance Management Program and general staff Performance Management Processes;
• Perform all direct report and ensure all employee performance reviews, job description development, and competency / knowledge assessments are executed.
• Previous managerial experience in a similar maintenance environment is preferred;
• A minimum of 10 years experience in a related maintenance environment, or equivalent;
• Relevant postsecondary education (college or university) is required, such as a related vocational or technical school program/diploma. Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred;
• Project Management Professional (PMP) designation preferred;
• P. Eng is an asset;
• Ability to work in a remote camp.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available