Updated: Jun 21 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Dallas, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
I am currently representing a small/mid-size international operator in Dallas, Texas, USA who are looking for a Senior Exploration Geologist for their International Prospect Group. This would involve focussing on some of the company's highest profile global exploration projects, whilst living in Dallas with some highly attractive financial incentives.
For non work-permit holders, complete sponsorship is provided.
Due to the extensive exploration and development successes that the company has achieved in Africa, and the resulting demands on growth, the company is now looking to rapidly expand it's geotechnical base and is seeking a geologist to join its Prospect Group. Working within a small group of multi-disciplinary and like minded professionals, this individual is part of a team expected to identify, evaluate and capture the very best exploration opportunities world wide.
This position offers an invaluable opportunity for a professional to work with the best explorers in the industry, in a wide variety of plays and basins, in a dynamic, fast-moving and rapidly growing company.
- The position requires an exploration geologist with at least 10 years of experience, a significant portion of which should be in prospect and license evaluation in international deepwater clastic systems.
- The successful candidate will have basin evaluation, play fairway evaluations and prospect and appraisal skills. Emphasis will be on prospect and appraisal abilities, including reserve calculation in complex deepwater prospects and fields. Ability to integrate geological and geophysical datasets is key.
- Strong hydrocarbon province and petroleum systems analysis skills are essential, together with established prospect generation skills.
- In addition, the successful candidate will demonstrate strong prospect mapping and interpretation skills with the ability to integrate geophysical and geological datasets and initiate new play concepts.
- Current or previous deepwater clastic exploration experience in Africa or other international areas is highly preferred.
- The candidate must be energetic and self-starting and have a passion for geology and oil-finding.
- Must have excellent communication and social skills and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
BS in Geology
For more information/a detailed specification of this position, please contact Christopher Cole
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available