Updated: Apr 30 2012
||Barge Master, Heavy Lift / Pipelay, Project Engineer
||Romania & UK North Sea, United Kingdom
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Change Internationals client, a leading provider of offshore construction services globally now requires a Deck Foreman / BOSUN to join them onboard their newly acquired vessel for a 6 month contract. This is an immediate start.
You will join the DP2 Pipelay vessel in Romania then transit to the North Sea to begin the Pipelay project in UK Waters. The successful candidate should be prepared to work for 6 months onboard without leave. There is good scope for permanent employment thereafter.
As Deck Foreman / BOSUN responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and deployment of all project equipment under the direction of the shift supervisor
- Coordinating deck crew and rigging personnel
- Participate in safety briefings and safety audits
- Carry out rigging and lifting operations
- Ensure that all project equipment is properly secured on deck
- Ensure that lifting and rigging equipment is properly certified
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a Deck foreman / BOSUN position
- Hold a recognised rigging certificate
- Valid offshore medical
- Valid offshore survival course e.g. BOSIET or HUET
- Able to commence employment no later than the 14th May
- Able to remain onboard for 6 months from date of joining without leave.
Day Rate: Negotiable depending on experience
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available