National Oilwell Varco
Updated: Oct 26 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||ODessa, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Advanced level sales, operations, Service Quality, reliability and customer support for NOV DH Drill Bit product line. Product line specialist duties as required to support Area/Region. Evaluate and provide information on the performance of commercial as well as new products and technology. Direct supervision of DSE I - III, Field Service Supervisors and Field Engineers as assigned. Be prepared both in training and ability to be certified in available certification categories. Provide technical training and mentoring.
- Manage all DSE - Drill Bit Specialists for the given area and mentor trainees as related to technical product specialization
- Provide technical sales support for NOV DH Drill Bit product lines to both operators and directional companies in given area
- Co-ordinate field operations support for Drill Bit product line
- Through constant customer contact maintain accurate monitoring of performance, activity, applications and competition to NOV DH Drill Bits.
- Technically supervise integrated multi-product solutions to clients.
- Analyze drill bit performance data and prepare and present customer presentations, performance summaries, Engineering Bit Run Reports.
- Oversee field analysis for failed tool investigation and coordinate with Sales and Service Quality Group to provide and present applicable incident report to the customer.
- Coordination between Drilling Solutions, Product Line engineering, Product Line and reliability group.
- Provide BHA and Drill-String recommendations directly to DD Companies and Operators.
- Manage field testing of new products and help implementation of design improvements.
- Make recommendations to enhance existing products to drive reliability.
- Manage and coordinate IMS Project list for drill bit product development for the given area
- Implement procedures, best practices and follow knowledge management processes.
- Integrate drilling dynamics data and surface data to optimize drilling bit performance.
- Promote the technical image of NOV in the local area through membership of industry groups, technical papers and local publications.
- Leadership in training and mentoring of new engineers.
Position may or may not require travel
Working hours to be identified by manager
Non-standard work hours, 24/7 contact/availability expectations for rig/operational support
Comply with Global and Local QHSE policies.
Behave in a professional and ethical manner in line with NOV corporate policies
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Related Technical Degree
- 3+ Years Relevant Oilfield Experience
Composure, Functional/Technical Skills, Leadership, Integrity and Trust, Perseverance
- General Oilfield
- General Engineering
- Drill Bits
- Drilling Dynamics
- Advanced Drilling Optimization
- BlackBox/Drilling Solutions Software
- Advanced Drilling Tools
- Technical Presentation
- BitTrak/Tool Run Database
- Service Equipment
- Drill String/BHA Components
- Directional Drilling
- Microsoft Software Suite (PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- ITRAX/QFocus Service Quality
- Time Management
- Project Management
- Ability to Operate Stand Alone
- Supervisory Skills
- Priority Setting
- Proactive approach
- Work/Life Balance
- Verbal Communication Skills
- Written Communications
- Advanced Presentation Skills/Abilities
- Action Oriented/Drive for results
- Customer Focus
- Outgoing Personality
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Excellent Analytical/Problem Solving Abilities
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available