Michael Page International
Updated: May 1 2012
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
My client is a leading independent energy company with a diverse portfolio of high-quality assets, a track record of success and a sound strategy for the future. Their broad-based operations include the exploration, development and production of crude oil and natural gas in the U.S. and internationally. Organic growth and promotion within.
Senior level. Has the ability to formulate and develop advanced geoscience concepts in carrying out assignments. Under minimal supervision, applies advanced aspects of professional/technical discipline. Responsible for conducting and coordinating with a team, integrating geological, geophysical, engineering, and economic investigations to generate value added opportunities on assigned properties and areas. Uses Risk analysis and concept software to establish prospect reserve ranges. Prepares geoscience maps, cross-sections and analysis of productive and perspective hydrocarbon bearing formations for prospect generation and development. Provides technical assessment of drilling prospects to reduce risk for the company. Supervises geological aspects of drilling wells.
· Investigates and provides structure plots, cross-sections, well log correlation and structural/stratigraphic framework analyses, biostratigraphic, lithostratigraphic, geochemical, seal and pressure data to assess the five components that make up a prospect: Source, Migration, Reservoir, Structure, and Seal
· Collects, organizes, evaluates, and maps data to determine prospectivity and subsequent economic robustness of an opportunity and makes appropriate recommendations for company investment
· Utilizes and interprets well and seismic data to integrate geology with 2D and 3D seismic interpretations
· Creates data packages used in presentations to third party partners
· Coordinates drilling and leasing activities with other multi-discipline team members
· Demonstrates fundamental understanding of leasing, government/partner/regulatory issues and business negotiations
· Performs wellsite work as needed
· Provides introductory training to new personnel
· Masters degree in Geology or Geophysics
· A minimum of eight years experience in exploration and development geology
· Knowledge and demonstrable skills in understanding regional context and prospect generation
· Experience in seismic interpretation and workstation use
· Knowledge of geological systems and well log evaluation
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available