Grey Wolf, Inc International
Grey Wolf International provides High Performance, High Value equipment, personnel and support services to customers drilling onshore oil and natural gas wells around the globe. Grey Wolf International is part of the Precision Drilling family of companies, one of the largest oilfield service providers in North America. We cover a broad geographic base and have comprehensive conventional and unconventional resource play coverage.
Grey Wolf International accesses a versatile fleet of approximately 350 land rigs capable of drilling from shallow to very deep wells with extended-reach capability. We also have fabrication capability and a breadth of equipment, including well servicing rigs, to customize solutions to meet the challenges of climate, geography, geology or logistics of simple or complex drilling projects. Customers appreciate our solid team of knowledgeable engineers and experienced crews as well as the advanced technology and well-maintained equipment that maximize drilling efficiency, resulting in lower operating costs.
Grey Wolf is an industry-leading health, safety and environment (HSE) service provider. Our HSE focus is Target Zero which places a premium on safe working practices. When coupled with our other training and employee initiatives, these programs consistently yield top-quality personnel who exceed industry safety standards and customer expectations.
International HSE Advisor
The International HSE Advisor responsibilities are to include:
• Assist rig supervisors and crews with safety, training, accident prevention and hazard identification/control;
• Conduct regular rig visits and actively observe any unsafe conditions or acts;
• Assist rig crews in developing hazard identification skills via use of the Company's Safety Observation and Correction (SOC) program;
• Provide documentation and reinforcement for Company policies;
• Ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations;
• Develop monthly Key Indicator Metrics and monitoring to identify trends and potential problem areas;
• Is focal point for post-incident management including preparation and submittal of incident reports and corrective action follow-up;
• Regularly attend meetings such as Weekly Safety Meetings, Morning Operations Meetings, etc;
• Conducts rig HSE Audits and Yard Inspections;
• Monitors audits/inspections for action item completion;
• Develops, revises, conducts and/or coordinates training such as Rig Pass, JST, Well Control, First Aid-Forklift, Manlift, LO/TO, Fall Protection, etc.;
• Maintains safety and training activity records and logs as required by regulation and Company policy;
• Coordinates Quarterly Safety Award Program and Yearly Rig Award Program;
• Assists Operations in the implementation of the Emergency Management Plan including ensuring that local emergency numbers are current and posted;
• Assists Rig Managers and rig supervisors in planning, analyzing, communicating, problem solving and leadership;
• Serves as the ''Designated Person'' for the ongoing auditing of the Company's Safety Policies; and,
• Acts as a backup to the Division H.R. Manager as required.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
• BS/BA degree preferred in Safety related program and a minimum of 7 - 10 years of relevant oilfield experience.
• 3-5 years experience in a heavy industry/construction environment (drilling rig experience preferred).
• International NEBOSH or equivalent required
• Training experience and knowledge in the areas of HazComm, Confined Space, Hazard Assessment, Rig Pass, STOP, accident investigations/prevention.
• Strong working knowledge of OSHA.
Process for Applying:
Please submit your resume including your employment history, education, industry specific training as well as any skills and attributes that you think are applicable to this position.
**PLEASE NOTE: This is a rig-based position.