Updated: Jul 18 2012
||Logging, Data Engineer or Mud Logging Experience
||Offshore - Gulf of Mexico, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We're the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We're also a leading employer in our sector-with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today's industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that's embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger offers a competitive salary, benefit packages including 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Education Reimbursement and advancement opportunities.
Smith/Schlumberger is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Pore Pressure Engineer is responsible for delivering high quality Pore Pressure and/or Hole Condition services to clients at the well site. Service quality, job preparation and planning and job safety are key priorities.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- must implement the safety regulations and procedures, as specified by the Client, the Company and the relevant safety authorities
- fully responsible for delivering superior Service Quality to the client
- ensure all client deliverable (log, digital data, daily reports and final well report) are delivered to the customers on time and meet client and Company standards all the time
- provides quality answers and solutions to the customer's questions, requests, or problems pertinent to the scope of the services delivery provided
- fully responsible for pre-job planning mobilization
- develops and maintains a positive relationship with the clients to ensure repeat business
- maintains good communication with the Client's well site representative, rig crew and company staff
- ensures final end of well deliverables are quality controlled and delivered to the clients on time, all the time
- report all drilling events to relevant personnel in due time
- should optimize delivery through consistent approach with remote services delivery team
- effectively manage inventory and supplies required at well site
- follows up equipment incidents with the maintenance team and ensures failure reports are closed with clients
- ensures post job reviews are conducted with the FSM's and when required with the Remote Services Delivery team
Technical degree in earth sciences, engineering or applied sciences
Minimum 2 years as Data Engineer
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available