Updated: Jun 12 2012
||Logging, Data Engineer or Mud Logging Experience
||Offshore - Gulf of Mexico, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We're the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We're also a leading employer in our sector-with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today's industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that's embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger offers a competitive salary, benefit packages including 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Education Reimbursement and advancement opportunities.
Smith/Schlumberger is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Data Engineer, monitors the well, maintains sensors, gas equipment and data acquisition equipment. He maintains the well data integrity and reliability, designs and processes detailed daily and End of Well Reports based on the data gathered during well operations. The primary objective of the Data Engineer is to acquire, log, analyze and report well behavior at the well site to aid safe and efficient well operations.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- has direct responsibility for, the effective management of the Mud Logging Unit, including personnel, equipment, supplies and maintenance and rig up/down
- is in charge of monitoring, recording and processing all well data and parameters
- closely ensures primary well control and, when appropriate, secondary kick control monitoring
- is in charge of the well data integrity and reliability
- is in charge of daily reporting and the End of Well Report
- helps build and maintain effective teamwork
- coaches and mentors less experienced employees, acts as a role model for all field staff
- must implement the safety regulations and procedures, as specified by the Client, Slb, relevant safety authorities
- ensures the highest standard of professional conduct at the well sitee
- identifies opportunities for more/improved services through drilling group offering
Technical or University Degree in Earth Science, Engineering or Applied Science
Minimum 1 year as Data Engineer
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available