Updated: Aug 15 2012
||Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Reading, PA, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our client is a provider of consulting and project management services to clients within the Northeast United States.
The Design Engineer will report to the Project Managers.
Our client is seeking a Design Engineer to further assist with the growth currently underway within their organization. Our client is a provider of consulting and project management services within the Northeast region. The focus is on turnkey deliver of capital expansion projects including natural gas compression and transmission pipeline.
The Design Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Interface with other disciplines to ensure agreement on project deliverables and the timing of these deliverables.
- Lead the development and approval of the project schedule, ensuring that key milestones are identified.
- Oversee construction, testing, drying and gas-up of the pipeline and compressor stations.
- Deliver the pipeline project and/or station to the sanctioned cost, schedule and performance criteria.
- Utilize a system of high quality contract administration with suitable checks and balances.
- Monitor contractor and supplier performance and act quickly on under performance.
- Ensure the application of relevant Health, Safety, Security and Environmental policies on all project activities. Promote a strong safety culture in project and functional teams, and in work undertaken by contractors and suppliers.
- Assist in managing project activities from project conception through planning, design, construction, start-up, commissioning and transfer to operations.
- Assist in the development of project scopes, designs, construction specifications and cost estimates.
- Ensure the safe and successful completion of projects in compliance with regulations and within established standards and other project management parameters.
- Knowledge of natural gas midstream industry
- Background in large scale natural gas capital expansion projects
- Understanding of natural gas expansion projects from feasibility concept, design, construction, start up, commissioning and transfer to operations
- Understanding of land access and ROW acquisition issues
- Understanding of regulatory environment
- Demonstrated leadership and management ability
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work with field employees and vendors as well as other disciplines
- Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong oral/written communication skills and personal computer skills
- Strong Scheduling skills utilizing MS Project or Primavera software.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate will have three to five years of diversified oil and gas industry experience. The appropriate individual should have a Bachelor's degree, preferably in an engineering field. The successful candidate will have an in depth understanding of natural gas pipeline and compressor station projects.
The Engineer should also possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, with specific ability to translate complex information into an organized and presentable manner. Furthermore, candidates will also possess excellent management, administrative and organizational skills.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available