Updated: Jan 8 2013
||Driller, Well Servicing & Testing
||Williston, ND, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
PRECISION DRILLING - Williston, ND
Precision Drilling Corporation is Canada's largest oilfield services company and also has a large and growing presence in the United States and internationally. Precision provides contract drilling, well servicing and strategic support services to customers. Precision supplies on-the-ground expertise - people, equipment and knowledge - to provide value to our customers on a daily basis.
Precision is the second largest land drilling company in North America and has more than a half century of operating history. We have always believed it is our people that make Precision a great company. Attracting the right people has been one of the cornerstones in building our reputation as the ''leading employer'' in the industry.
Along with a great culture, we offer a compensation package that is comprehensive and highly competitive in the oilfield services industry. All of Precision's people share in our ongoing success through our total rewards and recognition philosophy. At the end of the day, our success is defined by our people and the value they bring to Precision.
WELL SERVICING OPERATOR/DRILLER
The candidate has worked their way up through Floorhand and Derrickhand positions to become acquainted with the equipment and well servicing procedures. Through observation in those positions and previous experience as an Operator, you will be able to deal with all phases of the basic changes in procedure that are necessary and in meeting emergencies when they arise. The primary duty of this position is to operate the service rig hoisting equipment via the Operator's console. Other duties would include, but are not limited to the following:
- Exercising patience and perseverance while training crew and ensure optimum safe performance of all duties of the crew;
- Becoming familiar with the BOP system and ascertaining the operating position of the BOP's when coming on shift;
- Responsible for conducting drills in evacuation, BOP, fire fighting spill response and man down;
- Organizing crew and providing transportation of rig crew to and from location in a safe manner, adhering to company policies;
- Maintaining a close liaison and adhering to proper procedures with the Rig Manager and Crew;
- Ensuring that the equipment and operations conform to government regulations;
- Maintaining crew morale; and,
- Assisting in moving the rig, rigging up and rigging out.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent;
- Five years experience on a Precision rig or worked as a driller with another company;
- First Aid/CPR certified;
- BOP School;
- Forklift certificate;
- Blood Borne Pathogens certificate;
- Well Control School;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to effectively lead a team;
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions, around loud noises, in confined areas, and at extreme heights;
- Physical agility to stand for long periods of time, bend, twist, and stoop as necessary, and perform repetitive tasks;
PROCESS FOR APPLYING:
Please submit your resume including your employment history, education, industry specific training as well as any skills and attributes that you think are applicable to this position. Please note, you will be requested to register with ''Workopolis'' in order to apply for this position. This registration process is free and takes approximately 5 minutes.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available