BP International Ltd
Updated: Apr 27 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Closed - No longer accepting applications
BP is intending to invest some $150m per year in mid-sized projects through its North Sea Region Projects Team. The Portfolio Team has been set up within this to execute a number of circa $100m investments through a single engineering contractor across numerous BP's UK assets, including its midstream business. This will become the focal point for consolidation of this scale activity into a single projects hub. There projects are all critical to maximising the value from BP's strategic hubs across the UK.
Provide proactive on-going independent assessment of project activities related to process engineering technical assurance and integrity management and report any deficiencies to the Engineering Manager. Day-to-day supervision of project BP process team and process engineering work scopes carried out by them and oversight of contractor or consultant process scopes.
- Advise project on process engineering issues relating to technical integrity.
- Management of process engineering aspects of the project, and integration with overall IM strategy & MPCP
- Provide discipline leadership and integration across the project and develop a network of practitioners from BP and contractor teams within the project.
- Assessment of contractor/vendor technical competence
- Provide an ongoing overview of contractor engineering performance and highlight any potential discrepancies that may impact technical integrity.
- Review of process engineering work scopes carried out by main contractors and also specialist studies carried out by consultants.
- Management of process engineering scopes carried out by BP project team.
- Provide assessment of activities/ documents related to process engineering technical assurance and IM and report any deficiencies to the project.
- Identify and participate in key interventions to assess and mitigate technical risk e.g. audits, reviews etc
- Provide input to all BP technical project documents e.g. MOC's, EQs, PEP, SOR, BOD, Quality Plan
- Provide assurance of the relevant standards and specifications and review and approve any acceptable deviations from these standards (e.g. ETPs).
- Review and verify design, within discipline, by participation in HAZIDs, HAZOPs, LOPA and SIL assessments and ensure closure of associated actions
- Provide technical expertise during the procurement of goods and services to ensure compliance with project standards and adoption of best practice. To include attendance and review of critical activities e.g., FATs;
- Ensure full life-cycle technical integrity issues are considered throughout the project
- Support the development of performance standards and written schemes of verification for safety critical equipment
- Technical review of IVB input and resolution of verification issues
- Management of flow assurance work and coordination with facilities and subsea regarding application of solutions
- Management of fluid analysis and studies
- Management of facilities interface with subsurface regarding profiles
- Ensuring that contractor and service providers deliver a technically compliant solution according to the Project Execution Strategy / Plan and Statement of Requirements
- Accountability for Post Assurance HAZOP action close out and Technical Change Management
Honours Degree in Process Engineer (or related)
Chartered Engineering Status Required
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available