The Petroleum Engineer will drive the planning of surveillance, well management, production chemistry and other key aspects of the deployment of Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) technologies: LoSal™ waterflooding, Bright Water™ technology, chemical EOR and others and will participate in various studies in the evaluation and planning of EOR technology deployment. Interaction with regions and Global Projects Organization (GPO) engineers will ensure that business needs are understood, risks and gaps identified, and appropriate recommendations are made based on resulting analysis.
BP's Pushing Reservoir Limits (PRL) team is responsible for developing and deploying enhanced oil recovery technology across BP. This area of technology is one of a small number of Technology Flagships in BP which are tasked with delivering advanced technological solutions to BP's business challenges.
The team is engaged in developing breakthrough recovery solutions in waterflooding, gas flooding, chemical flooding and in the measurement and prediction of recovery performance in our state-of-the-art coreflooding labs in Sunbury, near London. The team comprises reservoir/petroleum engineers, facilities engineers, imaging/computational specialists, rock property specialists and chemists.
The team is based both in Sunbury and in Houston, and has strong linkages to our asset teams across the world. The team has recently enjoyed a number of successes, including delivery of over 70 Bright Water polymer treatments, the successful progression of LoSal technology in a number of new waterflood projects, and the successful application of digital technologies to the prediction of complex rock properties.
- Lead efforts to best understand well management issues related to implementation of EOR technologies including, for example, completions, well testing and scale treatment optimization, as well as sharing lessons learned from project to project.
- Lead in developing standard approaches to well and field surveillance to best understand performance of these EOR technologies. Influence and support regional surveillance programs.
- Act as single point of accountability on PRL Deployment team for production chemistry issues related to deployment of EOR technology.
- Interact within the PRL deployment team, the rest of the PRL Flagship and BP Subsurface Technology to ensure rigorous planning and appropriate assurance. Be the key link to BP Base Management teams and Process Engineers involved in EOR project planning and execution.
- Participate in studies in evaluation of EOR technologies (LoSal EOR, Bright Water technology, polymer flooding or other).
- Interface with regions and GPO teams to understand business drivers and risks, presenting results and recommendations with clarity.
- Consider Safety & Operational Reliability (S&OR) risks and communicate performance predictions to project teams along with risk assessment, key assumptions and limits to analysis.
- Bachelors degree in Petroleum or Chemical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Significant Petroleum Engineering experience (at least 7yrs), including surveillance planning & evaluation, and well management.
- Minimum of 5yrs relevant waterflood experience i.e. classical analysis of waterflooded fields with exposure to production operations of waterflooded fields.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available