Energy Staffing Professionals
Updated: May 1 2012
||Mechanical Engineering, Project Engineer, Project Management, Offshore Drilling Equipment
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our Offshore Engineering client is involved with the design, manufacturing, and supply of engineered products for offshore drilling units - jackup, semisubmersibles, and drillships.
• Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Assess resource requirements for assigned projects
• Assess subcontract and supplier requirements for assigned project and co-ordinate needs between buyers, suppliers, and department head
• Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
• Anticipate and resolve any problems, bottlenecks or scheduling conflicts.
• Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client to ensure contract compliance
• Effectively applies Company's methodology and enforces project standards.
• Prepare and maintain project schedules and monitor progress to achieve on-time or earlier deliveries.
• Prepare and maintain project budgets and monitor progress to achieve project completion within budget.
• Establish and maintain good communications with the Customer on project issues and concerns.
• Maintain good communications with in-house staff, management, subcontractors, etc regarding all aspects of the project from project inception through to completion
• Prepare and complete monthly management reports for project status
• Co-ordinate efforts of all team members by supplying them the necessary information and ensuring that it is used correctly
• Attend meetings at customer and/or shipyard as required
• Ensure all Quality System documentation relating to projects is utilized and completed.
• Maintain a log of technical, production and other issues and resolutions
• Document and resolve any customer change order or extras requests
• Ensure classification society approvals are being completed timely
• B.S. DEGREE IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING OR SIMILAR
• Minimum 7-10 years in similar PROJECT MANAGEMENT/EQUIPMENT DESIGN&ENGINEERING
• Similar experience with companies involved in the design, manufacturing, and supply of offshore equipment for the oil industry
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available