Our client is the world's leading global gases and engineering organization. They manufacture, supply, and distribute industrial, medical, and specialty gases. They are recognized as a leader in the development of new gas-related technologies and applications for the electronics alternative fuels and energy, glass, food, metals, and chemical industries.
This person will be reporting to the Operations Director
Responsible for the reliability and support of electric equipment 69Kv Substation, MV Switchgears, transformers, power generators, electrical testing and troubleshooting of the site and ensure that the work is performed in a safe, efficient, cost effective manner and to the Company's technical standards.
- 69Kv substation. Ability in operations of SF6 circuit breakers and knowledge with switching power from one bus to another in normal operations. Ensures all potential hazards around 69Kv substation.
- MV Switchgears including 13.8 Kv and 4.16 switchgears. Operation of vacuum breakers and testing breakers in test positions. Work with potential arc flash hazard in dealing with MV breakers, familiar with required PPE.
- Large motors, system stability in starting large motors, motor failures and methods to repair in expeditious manner. Ability in stator winding insulation, rotor construction and PD monitoring. Ability in diodes and exciter controls for synchronous motors.
- Manage of large oil filled transformers, DGA, oil quality and ultrasound analysis, transformer life expectancy analysis, and ability in dealing with transformer sudden pressure and differential protection relays, winding temp rise, oil level and nitrogen blanket in transformer.
- Ability in working with power generations, synchronizing with external power system. Knowledge in GE EX2000 and Mark V control system, generation stator and rotor winding failures.
- Manage protective relays including ground fault, short circuit, overcurrent, time overcurrent, differential, lockout, synchronizing, undervoltage, overvoltage, etc for protection of all electrical equipment; ability with Multilin relays including programming the relays online.
- Manage in CBM including Thermography, PD Monitoring, Ultrasound, Flux Probe, DGA, Oil Quality, Current signature analysis, LEAP Analysis.
- Knowledge of electrical testing and troubleshooting, testing cables, motors, generators, switchgears, motor control centers, starters, panelboards, DC Batteries etc.; Ability in supervising PI and HiPot test on cables and motors; current signature test for induction motors, doctor test on bus ducts, breakers, switches and contactors.
- Ability in comparing the tested value breakers, switchers and contactors; knowledge in schematic and control ladder diagrams and control loop diagrams.
- Reasonable proficiency in English
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self starter, with a high degree of personal motivation.
- Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering, MS with electrical License preferred.
- Minimum 7 years experience in oil and gas or related industry with high voltage electrical equipment and large synchronous motors.