Updated: May 21 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Denver, CO, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The company is engaged in the business of exploring for and producing unconventional reserves in the Gulf of Mexico, Gulf Coast and Rocky Mountains. In addition, our client is continuing to build its property and reserve base through selective acquisitions of proved oil and gas properties which have further exploitation and exploration potential.
Our client is one of the largest producers with positions in several of the Rockies' resource basins. They have a unique advantage in the Rockies with the company's Powder River Basin water pipeline system, mineral rights in the 8-million-acre Land Grant and broad success at extracting value from unconventional plays. Our client is the largest acreage holder in Wyoming and also holds a significant midstream position in the Rocky Mountains.
• Perform analysis, optimization and project work in a manner consistent with APC's operating philosophy
• Measure actual costs / returns against projected results of analysis / recommendations and report outcomes. Develop and assist in the justification of AFE's for assigned projects
• Build, truth, maintain, update, and train other people on the use of pipeline, process, and compression models
• Design the technical scope of assigned projects to ensure that it meets the requirements of the company while complying with governmental regulations and industry standards. Identify potentially hazardous conditions and design operation that will protect employee and public safety, and company resources
• Provide technical support, assistance, and direction to project staff, operations, commercial development, and other company departments
• Analysis of and providing optimization solutions through modeling existing and proposed pipelines, process and compression systems in support of operations, project engineering, commercial development and management
• Participate in field identification and analysis of optimization opportunities throughout Anadarko's facilities
• Some project work will be included encompassing engineering / managing assigned company projects relating to implementation of optimization solutions from inception through completion
• Carry out all activities with minimal direction from supervisor and, at times, execute multiple medium to large size projects simultaneously
• Assigned analysis / optimization projects are to be completed expeditiously and efficaciously for the OSG's internal customers
• Project work assigned will be conducted safely, with high quality results that meet the requirements of the project scope within budgetary and scheduling constraints
• Coordinate project activities and work in a team environment with internal entities (e.g., Environmental, Safety, Business Development, Operations, Marketing, Land, Legal, Accounting) and external entities (e.g., government agencies, regulatory bodies, landowners, producers, general public)
• Participate in technical reviews and trouble shooting of existing company facilities and to provide technical support to other Company Departments
• Engineering Bachelor's degree required, Chemical, Petroleum, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Degree preferred
• Two years of experience in pipeline modeling for / in petroleum industry related work.
• A high degree of familiarity with and knowledge of natural gas gathering, compression, treating/processing, and pipeline systems is desired.
• Strong knowledge of industry codes and standards, environmental regulations, and safety regulations.
• Strong organizational skills and excellent communications skills
• Strong working knowledge in the use and manipulation of pipeline network simulation (e.g., SynerGEE, PipePhase) software and natural gas process/treating simulation (e.g., Promax and Hysys)
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office software particularly Word and Excel.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available