Updated: Apr 26 2012
||Design Engineer, Process Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Baton Rouge, LA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Albemarle is seeking a Chemical Plant Process Design Lead Engineer with a minimum of 10 years experience in the chemical/petro-chemical industry. The position is located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, working in the Corporate Process Design Engineering Group.
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the preparation and/or modification of the following:
* Lead a small team of process engineers focused on one or more projects
* Organize, supervise, and individually contribute to the preparation of
o Conceptual and detailed process designs
o Block Flow Diagrams (BFD) and Process Flow Diagrams (PFD).
o Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs).
o Process engineering calculations.
o Material and energy balances.
o Basis of design process scope documents.
o Equipment layouts.
o Process equipment specifications and data sheets
o Project status reports.
o Equipment lists, line lists, and tie-in lists.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
* Manage and/or individually contribute to a Process Design Project Team
* Accountable for the successful completion of assigned engineering tasks and preparation of engineering deliverables.
* Interface with other internal engineering disciplines (mechanical, civil/structural, electrical, instrumentation, automation, architecture, etc.) to ensure a coordinated design and complete engineering deliverables.
* Interface with Internal client and outside vendors to define project scope and resolve technical issues
* Field trips to Albemarle sites outside Baton Rouge as required to determine existing as-built conditions.
* Size and select equipment, materials, and process systems.
* Check vendor drawings to insure design accuracy and compliance with specifications.
Education / Experience:
* Bachelor of Science, Master of Science degree, or Phd in Chemical Engineering.
* Over 10 years of experience in petroleum refining, chemical or industrial process and equipment design.
Relocation assistance available
Must be able to work in the USA without sponsorship present or future
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available