Updated: Jun 20 2012
||Business Development, Mechanical Engineering, Technical Sales
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Client Value Engineer generates the technical and commercial proposals and value propositions for Dresser-Rand's new equipment and services to our clients. This job quantifies the value that Dresser-Rand brings to the client and helps secure new equipment business.
The incumbent will develop technical solutions within the boundaries of Dresser-Rand's application tools and commercial offerings within the pricing guidelines and commercial governance requirements of Client Services.
Position Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
- BS/Engineering degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 5 years overall experience.
- 3 years commercial or proposal experience with oilfield, turbomachinary, or other heavy industrial equipment.
- Problem solving, creativity and critical thinking skills are required.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access and Outlook is necessary.
- Global awareness and excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Bilingual & International experience a plus
- Visual Basic skills a plus.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Primary responsibilities are development of Proposals and Value Propositions inclusive of Application and selection of centrifugal compression equipment including drivers and associated systems. Coordination of cost analysis and development of pricing for each opportunity.
- Performing cash flow analysis. Identifying and quantifying opportunity technical and commercial risks.
- On-time preparation of complete technical and commercial proposals for each opportunity. Facilitating development of Value Propositions with quantified financial impacts of Dresser-Rand's value advantages.
- Performing Life Cycle Cost analyses and Net Present Value comparisons between Dresser-Rand's solutions and those of competitors.
- Driving the Value Proposition process with our client facing organization.
- When necessary, assisting other sales regions with the formulation of quantified Value Propositions.
- Assisting Project Development Managers in developing technical and commercial strategies for successful order capture.
- Developing client budgetary or estimate inquiries into firm sales opportunities for Dresser-Rand.
- Performing reliability modeling of proposed D-R solutions. Coordinating client proposal and bid clarification efforts.
- Configuring proposals using the D-R Corporate Product Configurator (CPC).
- Participating in presentations, meetings and discussions with clients and suppliers.
- Preparing and submitting of order entry documents. Understanding client applications and processes, and then applying this understanding to develop customized solutions for our clients.
- Understanding of competition's product offerings, strengths and weaknesses.
- Maintaining up-to-date entries for D-R's sales database (Siebel Technology Enabled Selling).
- Apply equipment selection knowledge along with developing technical and commercial strategies to sell into a price driven market and to successfully secure business at premium price levels.
- Travel is required to support the proposal effort; however, travel typically is not extensive.
- This role requires the ability to maintain confidentiality due to the sensitive technical and commercial aspects of the position.
- Client facing capabilities and interfacing talents for both external and internal clients.
Dresser-Rand is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Dresser-Rand employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Dresser-Rand Recruiting team in Houston Texas will become the property of Dresser-Rand and no search fees will be paid.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available