Updated: Jun 20 2012
||Business Development, Project Management, Sales and Marketing
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Project Development Manager's primary objective is to provide leadership and focus for the growth initiative within the Region. The incumbent also supports client activity during the business development phase, identifying the evaluators, influencing persons and decision-makers that are key to the project. The incumbent of this role must be bilingual in Spanish due to the abundance of work with Mexico & Latin America.
Position Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years related work experience.
- Rotating equipment sales and/or capital project business development experience, preferably within the oil & gas industry.
- Good understanding of machine design and thermodynamic principles and compressor performance application theory.
- Strong and confident presence in front of client.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
- Direct experience in the sales, application, or operation of engineered gas turbines, steam turbines, turbo compressors, and/or reciprocating compressors.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Development of business opportunities within the region
- Develop Regional Marketing & Sales Plans
- Proactively Develop Opportunities
- Support Regional Business Planning
- Routinely present to customers in both small and large forums an overview of D-R, our go to market approach, and our capabilities
- Monitor market activity and trends, including our competition, and provide feedback to the Client Services team per D-R guidelines
- Acts as the project or market champion within D-R, leading all aspects of the business and project development from the initial stages through order entry. Manages the client interface, including presenting the value proposition and negotiating contractual terms.
- Establishes a work plan and staffing for each phase of the project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of client services personnel in Project Development and Product Engineering and the product services account manager as Opportunity Pursuit Team members. Engages Legal/Contract Administration, Finance/Credit, Business Solutions, Controls Systems, Product Services business unit managers, and company management as necessary.
- Manages and directs preparation of the technical and commercial proposal, including the preparation of price recommendations based on market information, preparation of the value proposition, and completion of the risk assessment and project cash flow analysis per guidelines.
- Prepares business activity and forecast reports and delivers technical and commercial presentations for management and clients.
- Acts in a businesslike manner with regard to expenses, and meets the D-R sales, bookings, and earnings objectives while representing the client to D-R and ensuring they are treated fairly.
- Establishes and maintains a "preferred provider" relationship with the key decision-makers and influences within client organizations.
Dresser-Rand is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Dresser Rand employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Dresser Rand Recruiting team in Houston Texas will become the property of Dresser Rand and no search fees will be paid.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available