Updated: Aug 14 2012
||Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, turbines compressors proposal rfq tender bid
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Proposal Development Engineer supports the Regional Sales effort of new equipment the Regions in the Americas, European Served Area and Asia Pacific. The incumbent is responsible for developing proposals for Dresser-Rand's customer/client base. The PDE will work with the Regional Coordination Group, Operation-based departments, shared services (e.g., Finance, Credit) and the Field Service organization, as required, in order to identify and quantify risks, develop mitigating actions to those risks and prepare the technical/execution risk assessment form. Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese is strongly preferred, due to the abundance of work with Mexico, Latin America, and Brazil.
Position Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical / Chemical / Aerospace / Chemical / Electrical Engineering
- Experience w/ Turbomachinery (Centrifugal and Reciprocating Compressors, Steam and Gas Turbines, Expanders, Axial Compressors, Control systems) and process technologies for the oil and & gas, or (power generation / utilities), aerospace, or heavy industries.
- 3 years engineering practice with power generation or cogeneration systems.
- Understanding of pricing & costing and equipment selection.
- Knowledge of commercial or technical bidding or quoting.
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Global awareness and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% domestically or internationally as required to support project presentations, bid clarification and project kick off meetings.
- EPC experience.
- Must have valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese strongly preferred not required.
- International experience a plus.
- Direct experience in the sales, application, or operation of engineered Centrifugal / Reciprocating / Axial - Compressors, Steam or Gas Turbines, Turbo-Expanders.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Represent Dresser-Rand in a professional manner to industry, customers, vendors, etc.
- Keen awareness and appreciation for internal and external Customers
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Perform project qualification based on engineering feasibility and potential leverage for future projects
- Support the Dresser-Rand engine distribution network in North America.
- Work with customer to gather/understand specifications and scope of solution
- Work directly with customer to evaluate and generate project specifications.
- Help to identify the evaluators, influencing persons and decision-makers that are key to the project
- Develop project definition, goals, schematics and scope of work for proposal generation
- Perform initial site visits as necessary to support proposal development
- Perform initial sizing and specification of project components
- Coordinate with project management, estimating, engineering, and construction to develop respective sections of project proposal
- Develop proposal margin based on costs, schedule constraints and other key factors
- Assist Account Managers and other personnel in presenting final proposals to customer
- Lead project transition to Operations upon award of project
- Participate in design reviews, and post job analysis for continuous improvement of proposals, solutions, and tools used in their creation
- Coordinate with Research and Development for identification and evaluation of potential new technologies and opportunities
Dresser-Rand is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Dresser-Rand employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Dresser-Rand Recruiting team in Houston Texas will become the property of Dresser-Rand and no search fees will be paid.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available