BP International Ltd
Updated: Apr 25 2012
||Safety Engineering, Process Safety
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Process Safety Engineer will provide specialist expertise in the understanding, assessment and active management of major accident hazards and risks.
- Authoring and updating BP's Engineering Technical Practices on Process Safety topics
- Supporting a growing technology development programme in the area of Process Safety, particularly around developing and enhancing current processes and tools for management of risks to people
- Conducting fire, explosion and other hazard and risk assessments
- Providing guidance on appropriate designs and systems to prevent, control and mitigate risks
- Contribute to delivery of the Operations and Engineering Technology Unit Performance Contract, through the objectives of the Integrity Management Team.
- Provide technical service support to BP's major growth centres - Azerbaijan, Angola and Russia - as well as mature areas such as the North Sea, Egypt, Indonesia and the Middle East.
- Provide assistance in the development of Project IM plans and implementation of BU 3 year rolling IM plans for existing operations.
- Pro-actively manage and support R&D/technology development projects within the EPT technology program focused on achieving Operations and Projects strategic objectives.
- Demonstrate strong health, safety, environmental and regulatory compliance record with an understanding and commitment to safety and environmental requirements.
- Provide coaching and development for developing Most of World Engineers and new Graduates/Interns within the IM Team
- Develop strategies for defining and implementing Safety Programs (including Process Safety) in Operations.
- Support implementation of the BP Operating Management System (OMS).
- Define and develop Personal Safety and Process Safety guides and templates that can be leveraged globally for such things as Failure Mode and Effect Analysis(FMEA) , Fault Tree Analysis(FTA), Major Accident and Risk Analysis(MAR), Worst Case Scenarios, Layers of Protection Analysis(LOPA) and Hazard and Operability Analysis(HAZOP)studies.
- Assist Regional HSE&O personnel in partnering with Sites/Assets to review Process and Personal Safety incidents across the Segments and develop recommendations to eliminate repeat incidents and improve performance; ensure root causes are indeed identified
- Interpret Safety and Process Safety requirements across projects and ops.
- Participate in risk reviews - such as Process Hazardous Analysis(PHA's), participate in project reviews and ensure they are effective and address all appropriate areas of Process Safety. Develop recommendations for addressing Process Safety deficiencies identified in these reviews - ensure proper documentation is complete and stored in the correct database.
- Provide risk assessment support through reviews; facilitate HAZOP studies, Layers of Protection Analysis and other risk analysis techniques and tools.
- Participate in audits as required (as an Auditor or Lead Auditor).
- Provide Process Safety expertise for Management of Change.
- Provide Process Safety training for technical personnel.
- Participate in Process Safety incident root cause investigations and assist in leveraging the learning from these incidents across BP.
- Provide general consulting on Safety and Process Safety issues.
- Assist in Integrating new acquisitions and joint ventures into the BP HS&E systems
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or the equivalent UK degree.
- Significant industrial experience in the area of Process Safety, with a focus on risk management relating to Major Accident Hazards
- Degree qualified in an appropriate technical discipline (Chemical Engineering or equivalent)
- English (fluent)
- Chartered member (or equivalent) of a relevant Engineering Institution (eg IChemE).
- Advanced relevant work experience, preferable in the oil and gas industry
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available