Updated: May 4 2012
||Cost Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Technical Sales
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
For more than 100 years, Dresser-Rand has been among the largest global suppliers of rotating equipment solutions, with field-proven centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, steam turbines, expanders, gas turbine packages, and control systems. Dresser-Rand is positioned to deliver a complete package of solutions, from initial concept to equipment retirement for the worldwide oil and gas, chemical, petrochemical, and process industries. Dresser-Rand is seeking talented professionals are at the core of our rotating equipment solutions. To serve our dynamic markets, Dresser-Rand needs experienced leaders who are able to manage the process of innovative change, while generating enthusiasm and challenging others to high performance. Hard work, knowledge, and commitment are rewarded. Our benefits, compensation, and development programs are designed to attract and retain the most talented minds in the energy industry. If you're ready to impact the future, please check out our global opportunities on our website at www.dresser-rand.com/careers.
The Proposal Development Engineer (PDE) supports the Regional Sales effort of new equipment the Regions in the Americas, European Served Area and Asia Pacific. The incumbent is responsible for developing proposals for Dresser-Rand's customer/client base. The PDE will work with the Regional Coordination Group, Operation-based departments, shared services (e.g., Finance, Credit) and the Field Service organization, as required, in order to identify and quantify risks, develop mitigating actions to those risks and prepare the technical/execution risk assessment form.
Position Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
• Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline or minimum of four (4) years of related, cumulative engineering work experience.
• Minimum of one (1) year professional exposure to (e.g., Centrifugal and Reciprocating Compressors, Steam and Gas Turbines, Expanders, Axial Compressors, Control systems for Turbomachinery and process technologies for the oil and gas or power generation industry).
• Minimum of one (1) year working exposure or a component in business development, sales, or any commercial task, dealing w/ Turbomachinery.
• Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
• Global awareness and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
• At least 20 % domestic or international travel is required to support project presentations, bid clarification and project kick off meetings.
• Must be fluent and have a strong command of written English.
• Fluency in Spanish strongly prefered not required.
• International experience a plus.
• Direct experience in the sales, application, or operation of engineered High Speed Reciprocating Compressors.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
• Review the Client's Request for Quotation (RFQ).
• Perform equipment selections including drivers and auxiliary systems.
• Review and comment to the Customer's Technical Specifications.
• Prepare Buyout RFQs.
• Review and verify Vendor quotations.
• Coordinate the Cost Analysis and Prepare Pricing.
• Establish the Payment Milestones; ensure alignment of sub-supplier payment terms.
• Perform a Cash Flow Analysis on each opportunity being quoted.
• Request input from the Project Development Manager or Opportunity Leader for the commercial risk assessment.
• Coordinate Proposal Bill of Materials & System Drawings.
• Coordinate the Project Schedule.
• Fully configure proposed solution(s) using the Corporate Product Configurator (CPC).
• Maintain the Siebel Opportunity Database - Technology Enabled Selling (TES).
• Assist the Project Development Managers in developing Technical and Commercial strategies for the successful implementation of the Order Capture Process on a project by project basis.
• Participate in the development of quantified Value Propositions.
• Review Commercial Terms and Conditions.
• Insure that the Technical and Commercial proposals in response to client inquiries meet Dresser-Rand's standards for quality, completeness and timeliness.
• Coordinate and participate in client clarification meetings and discussions.
• Understand the client's applications and processes.
• Understand the competition's products & offerings.
• Prepare and submit in a timely manner the Imminent Order Notification and the Order Entry packages to the manufacturing Operation.
• Participate in internal kick-off meetings and client kick-off meetings.
• Support the Proposal Development Manager with project or product presentations.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available