Updated: Jul 2 2012
||Purchasing, Supply Chain Management
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Job Objective/ Purpose of Job:
Manage and lead the SCM function into a world class efficient organisation. Implement effective procedures and policies for the function to drive rapid improvement of the function in consultation with corporate office.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
1. Implement effective strategies for cost efficiency and process optimization in an ethical and transparent manner.
2. Required to drive rapid improvement in functional standards across all activities at both strategic and operational level. Set up procedures, cost monitoring and management reporting systems in coordination with corporate office.
3. Establish and monitor agreed SCM Key Performance Indicators and encourage timely implementation of corrective actions on identified deviations from set goals.
4. Provide Effective Leadership to the Contracts, Procurement, Logistics and Nigerian Content Department. Provide coaching, mentoring, career management, training and personal development of staff.
5. Provide necessary support to business functions for annual budgets and Technical Work Program.
6. Promote and support highest possible participation of local companies in Addax operations without compromising project schedules, quality, health, safety and environmental standards.
7. Engage with internal customers to review performance of the SCM function and initiate corrective actions as necessary.
8. Establish a culture of continuous improvement in coordination with corporate office.
Key Performance Indicators/ Performance Goals:
1. Achieve zero Lost Time Incidents in all SCM departments, or improve on previous year's record by at least 50%.
2. Manage number of claims and achieve close-out of all contracts and purchase orders as per schedule.
3. Keep within approved operating budget; with overspend not exceeding a maximum of 10%.
University Honours Degree or equivalent. A graduate level degree or diploma in Supply Chain Management is desirable.
Chartered member Nigerian Institute of Purchasing & Supply
- 15+ years relevant work experience at least 8-10 of which should have been at management level in onshore/offshore E&P environment. Previous experience in the West Africa sub region will be an advantage.
- Experience in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Procurement in Nigeria is mandatory.
Functional/ Technical Requirements:
Good working knowledge in all facets of Contracts, Procurement, Local Content, and Logistics. A good understanding of local content administration in company projects is a requirement. Good written/spoken English and must be technology-enabled (MS Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Excellent leadership skills, including staff career development, knowledge transfer and training.
• Experience of working with personnel from diverse cultural backgrounds and technical expertise.
• Ability to build relationships with, and effectively challenge and influence diverse department managers
• Very good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
• High level of personal ethics.
• Ability to build strategic working relationships, developing and using collaborative means to facilitate accomplishment of work goals.
• Team player with ability to lead from front and motivate the team for consistent performance.
Monday - Friday (7.30 a.m. - 4.30 p.m.)
Work outside the normal working hours is to be expected often as demanded by operational needs.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available