Our client, a major oil and gas EPC, is looking to recruit a System Administrator in their Calgary office on a short-term contract basis.
The System administrator will maintain, install and support the server environment within the company. Primary focus will be to install and configure Microsoft Server 2003/2008 R2 operating systems, install and configure new server hardware and software, perform backups, analyze system logs and identify potential issues in the server infrastructure, and troubleshoot reported staff issues. Server Administrator will also be responsible for data security, virus protection and access to the server infrastructure. Some of the responsibilities include:
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain/ manage Active Directory environment.
- Monitor / management disk usage and provide recommends as required.
- Maintain various server applications to include McAfee ePolicy, GroupShield for Exchange, and WSUS
- Plan, organize and perform server upgrades (hardware, OS and application upgrades)
- Assist in the evaluation of new hardware and software solutions, provide recommendation as required.
- Install, configure and document various server based Engineering applications
- Monitor and troubleshoot virus, spyware, and spam issues.
- Monitor and troubleshoot email traffic issues
- Maintain server backups and restores using CA ARCserve Backup software
- Provide proxy and web filtering support using a Blue Coat proxy appliance.
- Support all network printers and troubleshoot issues
- Assist in ensuring that primary departmental objective is attained
- Create and maintain Project FTP Sites
- Manage and maintain network folder security
- Provide assistance to the Help Desk group in troubleshooting server/network issues
- Perform basic Database Management support which includes backups, monitor, and configuration.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Holding Canadian Work Permit
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Active Directory, and server management and
- Experience with server virtualization
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010 and Barracuda email appliances
- Able to take direction and is a self-starter
- Able to create and maintain documentation of duties and installations
- Work well in a team environment
- Must be capable of working a flexible schedule
- Experience with a NAS storage environment
Petroplan is a global organisation which delivers recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support throughout the oil and energy industry.
Our outstanding reputation for placing high-calibre technical personnel within permanent and contract positions is based on Petroplan's tailored service offering which provides optimal results.
We have regional offices within Europe, the Middle East, USA, Canada, Asia-Pacific and India from which all our key competencies are delivered. In collaboration with our strategic partners, Petroplan currently supports clients and personnel throughout forty countries.
Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies operating globally together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available