Updated: May 7 2012
||Geologist, borehole imaging geology
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Since 1919, Halliburton has been opening Worlds of Opportunity around the globe. We're one of the world's largest and most safety-conscious providers of oil field services. Come in and explore your future!
A consultant with an advanced level of technical expertise who is capable of functioning effectively under general supervision. Exploits expertise and experience in hydrocarbon exploration, development and production and supports innovative approaches; understands how domain data has been acquired and creates and uses cross-discipline workflows to implement best-practice approaches. Capable of actively participating in a team with members with various levels of competence in the relevant technical domain(s). Supports and pursues the use of best practice work processes, project-, quality- and commercial management. Recognizes and makes use of the talents of colleagues and demonstrates commitment to improve own and others' competences. Is frequently involved in customer contacts and contributes to business development activities. Demonstrates project management skills and is capable of managing a small project team. Gets involved occasionally in budgeting and financial control; some involvement in strategy development. Effectively exploits a global network of professional contacts and typically contributes to 1 or 2 multi-disciplinary projects simultaneously within the geographical region. Is proficient in terms of consulting practice development, project delivery and business development. Skills are typically acquired through completion of a B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree and previous experience.Requirements:
- Minimum of a BSc Degree in Geology
- Minimum of 10 years experience or above, in the field of Geology, borehole imaging (resistivity and acoustics), stractural and sedimentological interpretation
- Understanding of Wireline and While Drilling conventional and advanced Borehole Imaging technologies, their applications and deployment techniques
- Expert knowledge of new Borehole Imaging technologies
- Capable of identifying reservoirs/assets challenges and ability to provide geological solutions
- Experience in multi-well projects handling
- Experience in using processing softwares and willing to learn new softwares
- Experience with presenting data, interpretation and reports to clients at a senior level
- Able to write technical papers, design technical posters ...etc
- Preferred to have the ability to organize training course and technical events
- Experience in coaching/mentoring young professionals
- Good communication skills
Roles and Responsibilities:
Operations Support -
Reservoir and Asset Solution:
- support Wireline and Perforating, Sperry and Testing and Subsea product service lines
- involved in handling Borehole Image jobs and associated answer product(s) during job planning, real time and post job phases.
- responsible for reviewing and conducting internal discussion with the Log Analysis team for any high end technology answer poduct and problematic jobs before delivery to customer .
- In some cases, he/she should discuss the product with customer, in case of high end technology, problematic jobs or if it is part of a solution he/she offered to customer.
- Discuss with customer the requested product before acquisition to ensure meeting customer objectives and post processing to share results, conclusions and future recommendation
- Support the country/region SMEs in designing and planning the needed technology(ies) or answer product(s) as part of FRS solution(s) that meet customer's reservoir/asset challenges
- He/she will work mainly on clastics reservoirs but he/she is expected to focus on Unconventional Gas Reservoirs specifically Shale Gas, Carbonates and fractured basement.
Halliburton is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available