Updated: Jul 25 2012
||Pipe Inspection / NDT, QA / QC / Inspection
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||Katy, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Aker Solutions Drilling Technologies, based in Katy, Texas, offers top engineering, design and field services in the structural steel derrick and mast market. We need additional talent to strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans. We are looking for QA Inspector II:
Objective / Purpose of the position:
Under general supervision, the individual inspects materials, products and finished equipment for conformance to specifications by examining materials or products for surface defects such as cracks, pits, and incomplete welds. Selects products for testing at specified stages in the production process, and tests for a variety of qualities such as dimensional, performance and mechanical characteristics.
• Verifies product(s) to drawings and specifications to ensure compliance.
• Assists in the development and generation of inspection procedures as required.
• Performs documentation and traceability review and approval.
• Generates inspection reports accurately with minimum supervision.
• Coordinate with shop and supervisors for conducting inspections
• Maintains calibrated equipment in accordance with DRTI procedures.
• Performs source inspections at suppliers as required.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of the quality management system in accordance with certifications.
• Trouble shoot weld related problems
Reporting Structure: Senior Quality Manager
• To stop any unsafe action
• Advise management on issues affecting product quality
• Department meetings
• Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 25 lbs
• Typically bends, stoops and crouches
• Constantly moves about
• High school diploma
• AA/AS degree or completion of technical certification or equivalent experience
• 6 years quality assurance experience
Skills & Competency:
• Knowledge of welding techniques and codes applicable to DRTI products
• Ability to read and interpret drawings and other engineering documentation including specifications and regulatory requirements.
• Ability to use and interpret inspection tools including but not limited to: scales, micrometers, digital and vernier calipers.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and assertiveness, the ability to plan and manage workload in an efficient manner and the ability to work well under stress and time constraints.
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate facts to production personnel, engineers and management.
• Possess conflict management, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Possess Health, Safety and Environmental mindset.
• Working knowledge of applicable computer programs including MS Office software.
• Ability to read, write and comprehend in English.
• Basic knowledge of Non-destructive testing methods and applications.
• Ability to interpret requirements and offer solutions to complex issues.
*This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available