Universal Personnel, LLC
Updated: May 9 2012
||Materials Management , Purchasing
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
E&P IN HOUSTON, TEXAS WITH LOTS OF MIDSTREAM-PIPELINE ASSETS NEEDS:
• Long Term Projects
We're looking for an Expeditor who will be responsible for the early-stage of purchase order assessment through final inventory management and close-out for material purchase orders. Duties Include:
• Working with the buyer in the bid evaluation to ensure that logistics of shipping is clear, specific in relating to the shipping of loading out, shipping and receiving of materials.
• After purchase order is issued, the Expeditor is the main contact between the supplier, any receiving agent, location and in-house personnel.
• Contacting suppliers on a pre-determined schedule in order to prepare a purchase order status report. Acting as the primary contact for the supplier related to loading out, shipping and receiving material.
• Maintaining a weekly expediting report that contains the project required information, status and any existing issues as well as anticipating any potential problems.
• Providing the interface between suppliers and the project team (buyer, engineer, inspection and project management). Ensuring that the specific requirement stated on the purchase order is complete and accurate at the time of the shipment is received.
• Ensuring that inspectors are aware of shipments and if an inspector is required to assess the material, then the timeline and timing of the receipt is coordinated.
• Acting as the main contact between Document Control and the Supplier for all SDRL and drawing submittals.
• Maintaining and informing project management of any delays or potential delays that may be anticipated in drawing submittals, material slippage and shipping dates for the project.
• Identifying and resolving any outstanding items to reduce or eliminate any shipping delays.
• Coordinating shipping with the supplier or the Logistics contractor and provides shipping information to construction and project management.
• Involved on the close out of material received and either placed into inventory or turned over to the inventory group or contractor.
The ideal Expeditor will have:
• 5+ years' experience.
• Oil and gas industry experience is highly preferred with some experience in upstream or midstream projects.
• Good working experience with office programs like Excel and Word.
• Some working experience with Oracle is a plus.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available