MUD Engineer - Midland/Odessa, TX (Must reside within 100 miles of Midland, TX)
Employment Type: Full Time - No rotation
Travel Percentage: 100%
Why Newpark Resources, Inc.?
For decades, Newpark Resources, Inc. is committed to a set of values that embody a corporate philosophy that forms the basis of our company. These values shape everything we do, from the way we develop and market our technologies, to the way we serve our customers, employees and communities. Newpark Resources achieved the #1 customer satisfaction ranking for shale wells among all oilfield service companies, as recently announced in the EnergyPoint Research customer satisfaction survey of U.S.-based shale operators for the third quarter of 2011.
Headquartered in The Woodlands, Texas, and serving North and South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, Newpark continues to lead the way in the industry segments we helped pioneer. The company operates in three segments, Fluids Systems and Engineering, Mats and Integrated Services, and Environmental Services The Fluids Systems and Engineering segment offers drilling fluids products and technical services (under the Newpark Drilling Fluids name). This segment also includes the barite and specialty products processing business of Excalibar. Ready? Let's Get to Work.
Description and Desired Qualifications
Newpark Resources, Inc. MUD Engineer Jobs - Texas
Daily our MUD Engineers:
- Create various combinations of mud that will be used during the different stages of the drilling process.
- The candidate should be experienced and knowledgeable on all aspects of drilling and drilling fluids.
- The mud engineer is responsible for running cement down to wells to seal them off if necessary, and is also responsible for looking out for pockets of pressurized gas
- Must have the ability to interact with the Company Man, Customer, and Field Service Technicians onsite
- Work within the team, and check vendor specifications
- Understand safety rules during work at wellsite. -
- Must be familiar with drilling fluids, the mud materials properties, mixing order, treatment when having problems, etc.
- Good knowledge of drilling operations.
- Good knowledge of mud plant and control the operation of mud plant.
- Be able to work independently under pressure and cooperatively with other supporter/assistant.
- Good capability of planning and organizing work. - Presentation skills, persuasion and communication.
- College degree
- Hands on experience with drilling and well services
What you will find
At Newpark Resources, Inc., the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at Newpark Resources, Inc.. Ready? Let's get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects Newpark Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.