Det Norske Veritas (USA), Inc.
Updated: May 21 2012
||Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Det Norske Veritas (DNV) is a global provider of services for managing risk. An independent foundation with the objective of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV comprises 300 offices in 100 countries, with approximately 11,000 employees. We have 1700 employees in North America.
DNV Maritime is responsible for the maintenance of Class and Statutory compliance for ships and mobile offshore units (production, drilling, and support; semi-submersible, jack-up, and ship-shaped) operating in the Gulf of Mexico and worldwide.
Regional Approval & Technology Center in North America is looking for Approval Engineers to join our team in the Houston Approval Center. Approval Center Houston is the main Classification Approval Center for the Division Americas and the hub for engineering resources in various disciplines supporting the Region. Due to expansion, we are looking for qualified ship/offshore Plan Approval Engineers in our Houston, Texas office for the following area:
• Drilling Equipment/Systems
The candidates should have an in-depth technical knowledge, a high degree of professional integrity, along with a positive and enthusiastic attitude. We are looking for experienced engineers who are self-starters. Good interpersonal/communication skills with motivation and an eagerness to learn and develop is a must.
• Design verification of drilling equipment and systems
• Project management
• Customer service management
• Participation in Risk Management projects (HAZID / HAZOP / FMECA workshops), as well as Technology Qualification projects
• Some physical survey of construction, repair and modification of such equipment is required (travel will be limited).
• Help support market initiatives and further development of DNV services
• Participation in key standard's committees (e.g., API, ISO) & support further development of DNV Rules/Standards/RPs
• BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (aerospace, ocean engineering, petroleum, etc.)
• Thorough knowledge and experience in the design of drilling equipment and/or systems (well control systems, heave compensation and tensioning systems, hoisting and rotating systems, BOP and pipe handling systems, etc).
• Familiarity with relevant industry codes and standards (e.g., ASME Section VIII, ASME B31.3, API 6A / 7K / 8C / 16A / 16C / 16F, etc)
• Good understanding and working knowledge of FEA analysis
• Manufacturing experience and/or operational support of drilling rig systems and equipment is preferred.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available