Updated: Apr 24 2012
Closed - No longer accepting applications
To provide diving and ROV technical advice and guidance to Company and the line in order to ensure the safety of Company's Corporate Diving and maintenance intervention activities. To ensure that diving and ROV contractors adopt and implement Company HSE policies and initiatives, and their operations standards comply with Company group, OPG, IMCA guidance notes and National Regulations for underwater service contractors.
Principle Accountabilities & Challenges
• Provide effective HSE management and control advice of Company underwater intervention operations
• Assist/advise on any Company underwater intervention accidents/incidents or near miss reports, ensure the dissemination of the learning points and monitor the implementation of action items.
• Provide inter-discipline diving advisory service on sub sea aspects of exploration, engineering, construction and production systems for Company underwater intervention activities.
• Develop standards, procedures and techniques for underwater intervention in-line with Shell group requirements and OPG
• To produce and issue Diving & ROV operations guidelines for Company Management, HSE departments, Engineers, project teams and CSR's.
• To monitor Company relevant departments and contractor's offshore diving inspection and ROV intervention activities to ensure the technical integrity of the companies facilities, SPM's, and marine structures.
• To keep abreast off and disseminate to Company any technological diving and ROV developments, which may apply to Company operations
• To keep abreast off and disseminate to Company any National, International, OPG or IMCA diving and ROV developments, which may apply to Company operations.
• To ensure that all projects and call-off works are in alignment with the Contract Management system
• To disseminate OPG, IMCA and relevant safety and equipment notices to departments and worksites.
• Undertake technical pre-qualification of diving contractors who have applied to Company for acceptance
• To assist with implementation of Company ROV & Diving audit integrity plans, and follow up on audit closeout. Undertake IMCA DESIGN diving audits as and when required.
• Undertake contractor work scope reviews/evaluation and the accompanying JHAs
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available