Updated: Feb 22 2013
||Drilling Engineering, Well Control, Well Site Supervisor, Offshore Completion Operations; holding IWCF Certificate, experience in completion superintedent
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The scope of the SERVICE consists in:
The Completion superintendent SERVICE is to provide the technical completion expertise within the drilling
The B17 deep water projects present significant technical difficulties. Coupled to this the completion /
subsea activities represent almost 40 % of the operational times and the daily cost of the DP drillships is
high. For these reasons the designee must have good offshore experience and vision from both an
operational and safety standpoint.
The Completion superintendent will work closely with the Lead Completion Engineer to ensure that all
programmes are prepared and review operational performance and suggest solutions for operational
improvement. During the operational activities he will also provide engineering support and technical advice
to the Rigs superintendent.
The challenge is to optimise well cost fully achieving all well performance, productivity, and development
goals within a high standard of safety and environment level.
This SERVICE encompasses mainly the following activities:
Within the envelope of the B17 projects portfolio, the Completion superintendent will:
- Ensure the engineering preparation of completion, work-over, well intervention and DST operation for
exploration wells, whilst respecting HSE, the company rules, the work scope, the program and at the
same time optimising the HSE, performance and costs.
- Contribute to the increasing in performance of the operation by introducing new techniques/
- The challenge is to optimise well completion operation performance fully achieving all well productivity,
development within a high safety and environment awareness level
- Follow up all completion related activities at the completion contractor Luanda base.
- Follow up the engineering activities related to the completion equipment
- Preparation of procedures for the completion operations during completion and intervention, respecting
the company procedures, safety and environment.
- Optimisation of procedures and programmes in order to reduce costs and delays
- Provide technical expertise to the drilling superintendent during completion activities.
- Provide regular feedback to the DT/FCP organisation with a view to improve the operations while
respecting the safety of personnel and equipment.
- Activities with a view to identifying possible failures and proposing solutions.
- Offshore completion witness at least once a week for KPI implementation
REQUIRED SKILLS for the execution of the SERVICE:
This position primarily requires an extensive knowledge of offshore completion operations.
Minimum 15 years experience, at completion Superintendent level with international exposure comprising at
least 10 years as completion supervisor and 5 years as completion Superintendent Holding valid IWCF well
control certificate. Established HSE procedures and policies shall be followed
Good interpersonal skills and organisational ability are also required
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available