BP International Ltd
Updated: May 18 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Sunbury-On-Thames, United Kingdom
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Reporting to the Subsea & Floating Systems Team Leader, the Senior Subsea Riser Engineer will be responsible for managing engineering studies, research projects, and providing specialist technical advice on riser systems engineering to BP's project and operational teams. The work undertaken within the team is of a dynamic nature, with competing demands on time driven by both internal and external drivers. As a result, the ability to prioritize the above activities according to business value is critical to this role.
- Work as a professional technical consultant within a multi-discipline team
- Manage significant research and development projects
- Initiate and manage technical studies with external contractors and consultants
- Develop and maintain internal engineering technical practices and guidance documents
- Support BP's operations globally as a subsea riser expert
- Provide specialist technical input to project engineering assurance reviews
- Lead internal subsea riser engineering training initiatives
- Represent BP at industry forums and joint industry projects
- Interface with the associated subsea and floating system disciplines
- Coordinate the activities of other subsea riser engineers within the Subsea & Floating Systems team.
- Hold budgetary responsibility for the technical work he/she oversees.
- Degree qualified in Civil, Mechanical or Structural Engineering or related discipline
- Experience within a subsea riser engineering role
- Working knowledge of riser industry codes and standards
- In depth knowledge of riser analysis techniques and experience of riser hardware in the field.
- Strong communication skills and comfortable working within a high performance team
- Excellent networking skills
- Willingness to travel globally for up to 25% of the role
- Personal commitment to HSSE
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available