BP International Ltd
Updated: Apr 24 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Bunker Hill Village, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Discipline Engineers in Production Division work in their core discipline but are expected to have or develop generalist skills - maintenance, supply chain management, asset integrity etc. The work could be 'in country' or in BP's main offices.
Additionally to support all divisions of the company there is a requirement to recruit engineers to work in centralised teams. This work involves some travel to operating sites to support local staff when necessary.
BP's Exploration & Production (E&P) Process Safety professionals provide technical guidance and support to BP's upstream business worldwide. We require Process Safety Engineers with experience in inherently safer design, quantitative risk assessment, layers of protection analysis, project and operations' hazard reviews and HAZOP.
The work involves:
- Providing guidance to projects and operations on the application of Inherently Safer Design strategies.
- Work in collaboration with specialists and engineers of all disciplines across other parts of BP
- Commissioning and reviewing process safety engineering deliverables from engineering contractors and suppliers.
- Leading or participation in Major Accident Risk assessments, HAZIDs, HAZOPs, LOPAs and Project HSSE Reviews
- Maintaining knowledge of codes, standards, and regulations relevant to process systems and process safety
- Maintaining and assist with development of Engineering Technical Practices
- Leading appropriate R&D and network programmes
- Participating in recruitment, mentoring and training activities
- Representing the company at industry, regulatory, national and/or international level
- Educated to degree level or similar in Chemical engineering or related subject
- Broad knowledge of design and operations of the process equipment in the upstream business
- Practical experience of field operations, preferably offshore, including process safety practices
- Specialist knowledge of process safety engineering as applied to the oil and gas industry with an in-depth understanding of hazard and risk analysis techniques
- - Expert knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements, HSSE management systems and industry HSSE standards
- Excellent organisational, planning, written and oral communication skills
- Written and oral fluency in English
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available