BP International Ltd
Updated: Apr 23 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Project Services Team Lead will play a key role in providing services to individual projects in the areas of estimating, scheduling, planning and budgeting, documentation coordination, quality assurance, communications, contracting and procurement.
Planning & Scheduling:
- Co-ordinate the delivery of planning and scheduling for the project, and ensure delivery of schedule plans at the appropriate level of detail to describe and track progress of the discipline activities.
- Co-ordinate the development of appropriate schedules, implement, and monitor schedules within a project stage and for the Project up to completion/close-out.
- Ensure robust forecasting of schedule and budget procedures and processes are embedded in the project
Cost & Budget Controls:
- Co-ordinate the preparation of facilities cost estimates and benchmark costs throughout each project stage.
- Ensure the development of appropriate budgets. Implement and monitor costs within each project stage and for the entire project until completion/close-out.
- Ensure ongoing maintenance of a robust cost forecasting system with audit path back to original budgets.
- Ensure delivery of robust cost commitment approval process.
- Coordinate preparation of Cost & Schedule Risk analysis.
- Ensure maintenance of a project document management system compliant with BP standards and with interface requirements of parties with whom we contract. Maintain integrity of data access.
- Ensure maintenance of robust data management processes to ensure successful data handover to Operations at project completion.
- Responsible for liaising with Project Services discipline leads to ensure adequate provision of discipline support in service of the projects, and consistent and standardised delivery of service to the projects in alignment with processes.
- Responsible for organising and co-ordinating Project Services functional reviews as governed by the Cat B project delivery system (Cost and Schedule reviews, Project Services Discipline Reviews, 6-monthly Cost Estimate Forecast updates etc)
- Responsible for co-ordination of the project performance management reporting system, including KPI measurement
- Responsible for ensuring timely delivery of project weekly / monthly reports
- Responsible for delivery of Project performance Dashboards
- Maintain close linkage to Finance, Engineering, HSSE and PSCM functions.
- Act as point of contact with BP central functions regarding the implementation of new practices or standards
- Responsible for driving and controlling 3rd-party subcontractors Project Services activity in alignment and in service of our requirements
- Manage the delivery of other general project assurance activity as requried by the Project Services Team Leader
Demonstrable familiarity with requirements of Oil & Gas sector major project delivery processes, especially project governance requirements.
- Demonstrable experience in the capacity of integrating multiple Project Services functions on capital projects
- Demonstrable experience working with engineering and construction contractors on projects in the Oil & Gas sector
- Excellent written and spoken communication and influencing skills, across the whole Organisation irrespective of seniority, organisational or contractual boundaries.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available