Rowan Drilling UK, Ltd.
Updated: Jun 29 2012
||Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Technician, Rig Mechanic, Jack-Up Drilling Rigs
||Onshore - Aberdeen (Altens Industrial Estate), United Kingdom
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Rowan Drilling UK, Ltd.
Rowan Companies, Inc. is a major provider of international and domestic contract drilling services. With a special focus on high-specification, premium jack-up rigs and a manufacturing division that is unique within the industry, we offer our customers innovative drilling products and systems including those that serve our niche market - hard-to-drill deep gas wells.
Operating on the principle that people are more important than machines and tools, we back our state-of-the-art equipment with an experienced leadership team and highly-skilled operating crews. These dedicated employees are the power behind the Rowan legacy of operational excellence that spans 87 years.
Maintenence Supervisor (Rotational)
We are seeking a time served Maintenance Supervisor to join our onshore maintenance team working on an offshore rotation with occasional work in our Aberdeen office. The role of the Maintenance supervisor is to have overall charge and responsibility for the maintenance of mechanical/electrical equipment. You will provide advice and support to our offshore maintenance teams from both the office and during offshore visits.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinating all modifications with the Rowan Electrical / Mechanical Engineering and Technical Departments.
• Responsibility for the health, safety and welfare for all activities that are electrical in nature
• Overseeing all aspects of the routine maintenance system including computer functions and other documentation and
archiving of those activities involving Company equipment and its maintenance, repair, modification or procurement
• Examining legislation and assists with ensuring Company compliance.
• Acting as contact and liaison point for regulatory agency bodies on equipment and other relevant legislation. May participate
in industry work groups, attend conferences and seminars, or attend other functions on behalf of the Company.
• Routinely visits rigs to inspect equipment and standards of maintenance and to assist offshore personnel with electrical
maintenance and repair functions.
• Assists with ensuring that Company policy and procedures for modifications or new construction are adhered to.
• Applies to all aspects of the Mechanical / Electrical Maintenance Supervisor's duties any applicable Company policies
concerning quality assurance, control of substances hazardous to health, or any other company procedure.
We are looking for applicants who are time served Maintenance Supervisors with both onshore and offshore experience. You should have the following as a minimum:
• Previous experience in a similar position and be familiar with all aspects of operation, maintenance and repairs of
mechanical / electrical systems.
• Strong Experience of Equipment Maintenance, Fault Finding and Problem Solving abilities in the event of failure.
• IT Skills with Word, Excel, Outlook and Use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems including the use of SAP
• The ability to read and understand Electrical Single Line and Schematic Drawings.
• Previous managerial/supervisory experience offshore drilling installations.
• Knowledge of PLC's, Network Communications and Motorcontrol VFD/SCR
• Print reading skills including the ability to draw red line prints for field notifications.
Along with the following valid certificates:
• HNC/HND Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Maintenance
• Confined Space Training
• Varco Top Drive
• Risk Assessment
• Working at Height
• Permit to Work Signatory
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available