Updated: May 10 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Leading global operator has a requirement for a Commercial Manager for their Aberdeen based operation.to lead and manage a Commercial Team to ensure that the company's business goals and objectives are met on a planned and timely basis.
The successful candidate will ensure that company reputation and its relationship with stakeholders such as regulatory authorities and partner investors is protected and improved.
TO APPLY CANDIDATES MUST HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO WORK IN THE EU
- Keep senior management appraised of significant issues
- Develop long term planning for the assets in conjuction with the strategic plan and the Asset Managers
- Ensure there are adequate resources to meet work demands
Manage team effectively such that it delivers:
- Commercial architecture to ensure that the company's interests are safely secured and maximised whilst compliant with existing agreements;
- Planned and timely solutions to commercial needs of the business, minimising the risk of schedule and milestone delays and maximising value;
- Best practice and standard industry solutions whilst remaining innovative and pragmatic;
- Focal point for resolution of commercial issues, including the management and coordination of input from other departments;
- Resolution of commercial and contractual disputes whilst maintaining operational awareness and compliance with existing commercial agreements
- Proactively pursue initiatives designed to improve business processes and manage business risk
- Ensure that team members have an agreed set of appropriate objectives consistent with those of the wider business and that performance against such objectives is reviewed in a timely manner, and if required, initiate required remedial action
- Guide and mentor team members as required on specific aspects directly related to current works needs and to longer term business/ career matters
- Identify where relevant training, mentoring and development of such resources is necessary, including the identification of suitable career moves
- Ensure that an acceptable standard of service is provided to the company
Primary focus will be on existing assets although the team will support Business Development and growth strategy on an "as required" basis.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must have a thorough knowledge of the UKCS commercial architecture, best practice and regulatory and licence requirements and a significant level of experience in the upstream oil & gas sector (preferably on the UKCS)
- Demonstrable experience of oil and gas operations
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate proven team leadership and communication skills, including priority setting, motivation and conflict resolution
- Highly experienced in stakeholder liaison and business planning, including the ability to assess complex scenarios and identify the key issues and influencing factors.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available