BP International Ltd
Updated: Apr 23 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Projects team are responsible for the management of the Design, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning of all plant and equipment associated with the redevelopment of the Rumaila Field, both Brownfield and Greenfield, and involving significant capital spend. The team is led by BP with significant contributions from PetroChina and Worley Parsons, who have been appointed to perform conceptual studies, FEED and provide personnel for the Integrated Project Management Team.
The Planning and Control Manager will manage the preparation and issuance of weekly and monthly reports that clearly communicate project performance and progress to appropriate stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Monitor, track, analyse and prepare weekly and monthly Executive Project reports covering costs and progress; ensuring adequate warning and options to control and improve performance.
- Lead in the preparation, review and submission of the Monthly Scorecard reports for the Development teams.
- Manage the Development projects Hopper Review database and updates. Prepare all required documents and reports required for the Monthly Hopper Review sessions.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with stakeholders in the project to obtain and exchange data and information
- Oversee the Annual Work Programme and Budget preparation ensuring the cost estimates that are prepared by Senior Estimator to support the technical definition of the Project.
- Direct the preparation of AFE's and budget transfers for Project Management/Partner approval.
- Provide oversight and direction in the management of AFE's, PO's and service work orders, the verification and coding of invoices, tracking of commitments and expenditures, and the development and maintenance of the WBS.
- Maintain the Basra based Developments Staffing Plan to enable accurate personnel cost estimates.
- Assist in capital planning by providing cash flows, accruals and other required analysis
- Work with the Management of Change Manager to maintain a process that tracks change, ensuring any cost or planning forecasts for rework are identified and considered.
- Ensure that the project costs in the accounting system (Maximo-SUN) are accurate through reviews and audits.
- To make a personal contribution to the health, safety and environmental performance of BP through the following actions:
-Participate actively in safety work initiatives.
-Participate in safety meetings and trainings
-Identify any safety concerns or risks in my work area
- To build Iraqi capability in Planning and Control areas of the project, by developing and mentoring Iraqi personnel.
- Additional tasks as requested and to maintain total confidentiality
- Science, Technical or Business Management degree or equivalent
- A sound working knowledge of planning and scheduling and budget and cost principles and practices.
Extensive experience in the oil and gas industry.
Long-term, broad-based experience background with good references is very important.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available