Rowan Drilling UK, Ltd.
Updated: Jun 29 2012
||Rig Electrician, Jack-Up Drilling Rigs
||Onshore - Aberdeen (Altens Industrial Estate), United Kingdom
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Rowan Drilling UK, Ltd.
Rowan Companies, Inc. is a major provider of international and domestic contract drilling services. With a special focus on high-specification, premium jack-up rigs and a manufacturing division that is unique within the industry, we offer our customers innovative drilling products and systems including those that serve our niche market - hard-to-drill deep gas wells.
Operating on the principle that people are more important than machines and tools, we back our state-of-the-art equipment with an experienced leadership team and highly-skilled operating crews. These dedicated employees are the power behind the Rowan legacy of operational excellence that spans 87 years.
We are seeking an experienced Time Served Electrician to join our Onshore Maintenance Team on an offshore rotation with occasional onshore work at our Aberdeen Office. The role of the Electrician is to provide advice and support to our offshore teams to assist with the maintenance management and repairs of electrical equipment onboard our offshore installations. You will provide assistance both remotely onshore and via offshore visits
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Operate, inspect, service, maintain, test and repair electrical equipment
• Maintain, install and work on hazardous area electrical equipment
• Make up work plans for crews and make sure that parts, tools, equipment and documentation are available for the work to
• Write reports on major equipment failure, modifications, equipment performance and maintenance history
• Plan work before work commences and manage hazards effectively
• Assign work to employees and ensure they are competent to fulfill their normal duties
• Set schedules to provide proper utilization of equipment and evaluate equipment's performance
• Maintain records and logs required by company
• Maintain SAP maintenance system
• Complete and hand over reports, logs, records and notes according to approved procedures and instructions
• Fault find and repair electrical, control and instrumentation systems
• Assist mechanic when required as part of the maintenance team
• Maintain parts inventory
• Actively participate in pre-tour, toolbox talks, pre-job meetings and weekly safety meetings
We are looking for applicants who are time served Rig Electricians with experience with maintenance and repair of electrical systems on an offshore installation. You should have the following as a minimum:
• Previous offshore experience in a similar position and be familiar with all aspects of operation, maintenance and repairs of
• The ability to read and understand Electrical Single Line and Schematic Drawings.
• Use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems, PLC and Step 7
The following Valid Certificates:
• NVQ Electro Technical Services
• BOSIET / FOET, MIST,
• Power Plants.
• Variable Speed Drive Systems.
• Fire and Gas systems.
• Shut Down Systems.
• Ex equipment
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available