Updated: Apr 30 2012
||Maintenance Engineer, Marine Engineering, Ships Engineer
||£360 per day onboard
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Change internationals client, a leading deepwater drilling contractor now requires a Temporary 2nd Engineer to join their new build 6th generation semi submersible currently working in Angola. The start date for this position is the 14th May 2012.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a state of the art drilling unit on a temporary assignment. As 2nd Engineer you will work closely with the Chief Engineer and be responsible for the Maintenance of the rigs engine room and deck components. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Engine room watchkeeping
- Keeping planned maintenance up to date
- Installation of new equipment
- Testing of all new equipment
- Fault finding and repair as required
- Ordering spare parts
- Keeping equipment paperwork up to date
- Working closely with ETO's to resolve any issues onboard
- Assigning responsibilities to the 3rd Engineer
- Upkeep of company paperwork
- 2nd Engineers Unlimited COC
- Minimum 6 months experience as 2nd Engineer on an operational DP 5th or 6th Generation Semi Submersible or drillship
- STCW Certified
- Able to join on the 14th May
- Able to work to a 28 days on schedule.
- Happy to work in Angola
Day Rate: £360 per day (days onboard only)
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available