Updated: Apr 23 2012
||Accounting or Finance
||Associates/2 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
At Nexen, it's not just what we do that makes us a leader in our industry it's how we do it. Nexen is a Canadian-based energy company with international assets. We're building a sustainable future with our unconventional resource developments and world-class operations. From oil sands, coalbed methane and shale gas in North America to the deep waters of the Gulf of Mexico, the North Sea, offshore West Africa and the Middle East, Nexen is at the forefront of industry innovation and development.
We've earned a global reputation for doing the right thing, giving us the edge in many challenging locations around the world. Our company cares. That means we build relationships with stakeholders based on integrity and open dialogue. And, we strive to minimize the impact of our activities on communities and the natural environment. We do all we can to ensure our employees and contractors go home safely at the end of every work day. Our workplace is exciting, challenging and fun. We encourage initiative and welcome innovative ideas from everyone at any level. We're a company you can believe in.
Nexen has over 3,800 employees worldwide and is listed on both the New York and Toronto stock exchanges.
The Corporate Treasury Department is a dynamic, team-oriented group with primary responsibilities for cash management, corporate finance, and pension. With Nexen's diverse operations on a domestic and international basis, we are responsible for a wide range of activities, including cash flow and liquidity management, investments, corporate financing and funding, foreign currency and interest rate management, pension and letters of credit, and maintaining treasury policy, organization, and controls.
You will become an integral part of an exciting team of finance and accounting professionals to enable you to enhance your business understanding and knowledge.
Working in a team environment in the Cash Management group, the Treasury analyst would be involved in:
• Cash management and cash forecasting for Domestic and International Treasury operations;
• Planning and executing foreign exchange and money market transactions;
• Providing Treasury related services to business units;
• Gaining an understanding of Nexen's banking structure;
• Furthering your knowledge regarding Nexen's organization structure;
• Participating in on-going Treasury projects, including business case analysis and recommendations;
• Preparing financial analysis and models;
• Initiating wire payments.
• Three to five years of work experience in Finance or Accounting roles (Treasury, Accounting, Marketing, Audit, or Planning);
• Working towards or have a professional designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CFA);
• Strong analytical skills are essential;
• Strong attention to detail.
Nexen Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
No agency or telephone inquiries please.
Only resumes of candidates being considered will be acknowledged.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available