Swift Worldwide Resources
Updated: Apr 23 2012
||Geologist, Geophysicist, 2D/3D seismic, 5 years of geophysics specialty experience
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||US$103890.00 per year
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Overview:Upstream Technology is seeking an experienced geophysicist to support and enhance 2D/3D seismic and wellbore acquisition programs across Marathon. The position will report to the, Subsurface Imaging Manager. The successful applicant will interface with the operating groups, other technical specialists, and vendors to provide 2D/3D seismic and borehole seismic survey acquisition solutions which safely meet organizational goals and commitments. Good communication skills, ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams, and a proven track record of designing and supervising land seismic acquisition are required.
The position will be located in Houston. Periodic travel will be necessary. Responsibilities:
* Plan, design, and safely execute 2D/3D seismic and borehole seismic surveys to meet Marathon's needs.
* Interact with business units and other Upstream Technology specialists within Marathon to understand seismic and borehole seismic data needs.
* Review all contractual documents associated with seismic and borehole seismic acquisition programs to provide critical direction on contractor selection.
* Perform hands on acquisition design/modeling in support of Marathon's seismic and borehole seismic acquisition programs.
* Collaborate individually and on teams to integrate geophysical results with other discipline results and to provide complete and reliable decision making products.
* Mentor junior personnel and aid technology transfer to operating groups through participation in team projects.
* Apply and develop emerging geophysical capabilities to reduce risk and improve results.
Bachelors Required & Masters Preferred
The Microsoft Office suite for communication. Seismic Acquisition design/modeling software. Seismic processing software.
A minimum of 5 years of geophysics specialty experience is required. Minimum of 2 years of experience of designing/modeling and supervising land seismic acquisition required. Broader 2D/3D seismic and borehole seismic acquisition experience and familiarity with seismic processing preferred.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available