BP International Ltd
Updated: Apr 23 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
North America Gas (NAG) Overview: Operating across a vast U.S. geography, from the onshore U.S. Gulf Coast north through the Rocky Mountains, BP's North America Gas business has one of the best portfolios in the industry with 8 bn boe of resources and a presence in 6 of the top 13 gas basins. Headquartered in Houston, NA Gas has about 2,200 employees across seven states and operates more than 10,000 producing wells. Our vision is to be the most respected and admired oil and gas company in the Lower 48 US while expanding long term value and providing a platform for growth for BP.
The Drilling Engineer is accountable for the engineering activity covering planning, wellbore design, and developing the plan of execution for drilling operations within the Wells Team. The Drilling Engineer reports to the Drilling Engineering Team Leader.
Success is dependent on leveraging the collective efforts of some of the most experienced technical experts in the world. Working with a multi-disciplinary team, you will deliver detailed drilling designs and programs for oil and gas wells. The role is based in Houston but will require travel (up to 25% of the time) to our varied field locations within NA Gas.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide well planning designs, procedures, and engineering support for drilling operations which result in safe and efficient construction of wells that comply with regulations and ensure long term well integrity.
- Design wells and develop procedures in accordance with BP and regulatory standards.
- Collaborate with the completions and subsurface teams to make strategic well planning decisions.
- Apply engineering excellence to all well designs and operations.
- Provide engineering support and well information for permitting process. Validate all permit requirements have been met by the well plan and during execution.
- Facilitate and document risk assessments. Highlight risks and integrate mitigations in well plan.
- Utilize a stage-gate process to optimize well planning.
- Work with BP's procurement organization to secure long-lead items and services.
- Work with the standard practices of the team while also seeking continuous improvement.
- Propose and/or develop new technologies, new applications of technology, and innovations.
- Provide accurate cost estimates and cost forecasting.
- Lead the performance and knowledge management process for projects.
- Conduct post-well reviews and project reviews.
- Monitor service provider performance and work with the procurement team to address performance issues.
- Compile and store historical design, procedures, and handover documentation electronically.
- Provide engineering support to operations during execute phase, including detailed review of operations parameters and operational data.
- Make periodic field visits, especially for pre-spud and post-well meetings.
- Depending on experience, provide coaching and mentoring to other Drilling Engineers to support technical development.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant industry experience.
- Proven success in a Drilling Engineer role with an operator, demonstrated competence in well design for drilling activities.
- Demonstrated training and competence in well design, including detailed casing, cementing and directional design including anti-collision analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Industry (API, etc.) and Regulatory Standards.
- Capable of delivering detailed drilling procedures including well specific programs, fluids programs, and cement procedures.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25% of the time.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available