Newman-Johnson-King, Inc. * Established 1957 * Confidential Client
Updated: Sep 18 2012
||Commissioning Engineer / HUC, Construction Engineer, Drilling Engineering, Substantial Deepwater Well Completion Experience
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||140,000 to $220,000 ++
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
COMPLETION ENGINEERS OIL AND GAS WELLS
For a Major Globally Operated, Fully Integrated Oil & Gas Operating Company
For Drilling of Petroleum Oil and Gas Wells Onshore & Offshore
Work Location: Primarily Houston, Texas office w/ up to 25% travel
Other locations may arise during your career.
Salary Range: $130,000 to $220,000 or more ++ and Bonus, depending on a minimum of 10+ years experience or more.
Job Type: Engineering
Full time, direct-hire, career-track positions with the operating company; this is NOT a contract position.
Paid Interview Expenses & Relocation Available: Yes - including US authorized now working international / expat.
Must already have the right to be employed by any company in the USA.
- Engineering Degree
- Client insists that candidates must have at least 10 years professional level experience as a drilling engineer as a full time employee of an oil and gas company, or an oil and gas service company, or an oil and gas equipment manufacturing company, or an oil and gas consulting firm / oil and gas engineering and construction company / E&C. At least 5 years of deep water experience.
- Strong commitment to deliver safe and compliant completions with long term reliability
- Strong commitment to HSSE and operational safety while delivering wells.
- Responsible for basis of design, planning and executing completion programs including inflow performance, production/injection optimization modeling, equipment/material specification and selection, cost estimates, and post appraisals.
- Prepare testing/completion programs, including equipment specification and selection, flow modelling, stress analysis.
- Prepare cost estimates and cost control for completion activities.
- Awareness of and involvement in new completions technologies, with appropriate incorporation into designs and work programs.
- Ensure completion programs, program amendments are aligned with internal and industry standards, policy, and regulatory requirements are appropriately risk assessed.
- Liaise with sub-surface and production operations teams to ensure completion design is fit for purpose and life-of-field performance and integrity.
- Monitor and support all aspects of completion operations.
- Onsite support for key completion operations.
- Provide engineering support for completion operations.
- Implement best practices as identified in engineering & operational studies.
- Perform post-analyses and benchmarking studies, incorporate documented key learning's into future completion programs.
- Assure adequate third party Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Recommend and conduct engineering studies to enhance completion design and operational performance.
- Prepare end of well reports.
- Ensure appropriate assurance and review of the completion design and work plan.
- Coach and mentor completion engineers to ensure appropriate technical and professional development.
- A Bachelors degree in relevant engineering discipline.
Essential experience and job requirements
- To be considered for the role of Completion Engineer applicants must have:
- A minimum of 10 years of Completions Engineering experience, with at least 5 years of completions experience.
- Experience with open hole or cased hole sand control and associated equipment. Broad experience with the design and execution of completions for oil or gas wells for an operator or major service provider.
- Experience working with third party service providers.
- Experience with specification and selection of completion equipment including materials requirements.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Personal commitment and proactive approach to Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Personal commitment and proactive approach to process safety and operational risk mitigation.
- Demonstrated experience working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- IWCF Well Control certificate or equivalent.
- Experience working for an operator or service company creating a completion design for HPHT deepwater oil and gas wells.
- Ability to innovate and be open to new ideas.
- Competence with Landmark well engineering software packages (OpenWells, Wellcat, Prosper, etc...).
- Participation in continuous improvement processes.
- In addition to the required qualifications the successful candidate is likely to be able to demonstrate competencies in:
- Sand control knowledge.
- Knowledge of flow assurance issues.
- Understanding of inflow performance.
- Experience of working with third party service providers.
- Participation in continuous improvement processes.
- Experience working with pore pressure and fracture gradient.
- Experience designing a completion utilizing fracture stimulation gravel packs.
- Experience designing and executing sub-sea completions.
Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We have placed professionals with this company and it's heritage companies for 34+ years.
APPLY NOW FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available