Newman-Johnson-King, Inc. * Established 1957 * Confidential Client
Updated: Sep 18 2012
||Production Engineering, Workover or Completion
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||140,000 to $220,000 ++
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
WELL INTERVENTION ENGINEERS
Needed For a Major Globally Operated, Fully Integrated Oil & Gas Operating Company
With Experience in Drilling & Completions & Well Interventions For Petroleum Oil and Gas Wells - on shore andOffshore
- Work Location:Primarily Houston, Texas office w/ up to 25% travel to the GoM / Gulf of Mexico fields.
- Other locations may arise during your career.
- Salary Range: $140,000 to $220,000 DOE or more + Bonus, depending on a minimum of 10+ years experience. Sometimes sign - on bonuses and stock options. Full Benefits.
Job Type: Engineering
- Full time, direct-hire, career-track positions with the operating company; this is NOT a contract position.
- Paid Interview Expenses & Relocation Available: Yes - including for US authorized working international / expat.
- Must already have the right to be employed by any company in the USA.
- Engineering Degree
- Client insists that candidates must have at least 10 years professional level experience as a full time employee of an oil and gas company, or an oil and gas service company, or an oil and gas equipment manufacturing company, or an oil and gas consulting firm / oil and gas engineering and construction company / E&C.
The Well Intervention Engineer is accountable for the engineering activity covering planning, program generation and execution of well intervention operations within the company's wells team, delivering intervention programs and designs, engineering guidance, and operational support for deepwater activities.
- Strong commitment to HSSE and operational safety.
- Plan and execute well interventions that conform to company policy and comply with all state and federal regulations.
- Ensure intervention programs and program amendments are prepared on schedule and are adequately risk assessed.
- Plan and schedule well intervention and well integrity activity including liaison with other disciplines.
- Develop detailed well servicing operational programs to deliver agreed objectives.
- Provide operational and technical support to onsite Well Intervention Site Leaders.
- Provide intervention budget management.
- Liaison with the various regulatory bodies and submission of statutory reports.
- Assure adequate third party Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Recommend and conduct engineering studies to improve operational performance.
- Ensure appropriate assurance and review of the well intervention and work plan.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to intervention engineers to ensure appropriate technical development.
- Establish day-to-day and longer term engineering priorities aligned with the business case.
- Evaluate execution and operational performance.
- Monitor and support all aspects of intervention operations and provide engineering support; provide on-site support for key intervention procedures.
- Implement best practices as identified in engineering & operational studies.
- Capture and share lessons learned with the wider Well interventions team.
- Communicate and incorporate lessons learned from incident reports and champion best practices and common process.
- Perform post-analyses and benchmarking studies, incorporate documented key learning's into future intervention
- A Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- A minimum of 10 years experience with a strong track record as a Completion, Drilling or Intervention Engineer for an operator or a major service provider in deepwater environments.
- Strong, in-depth understanding of well intervention techniques and wellwork practices.
- Experience in the areas of well interventions, coil tubing, slickline, high pressure pumping, and electric line.
- Experience working with and managing 3rd party service providers.
- Excellent English communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Personal commitment and proactive approach to Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Personal commitment and proactive approach to process safety and operational risk mitigation.
- Demonstrated experience working with multidisciplinary teams.
- A willingness and ability to travel up to 25% for working at offshore field locals; able to ride in a helicopter or boat over water and be transferred via personnel basket to offshore operations. Ability to work in small, confined places, on high platforms, walk on high elevation grating over water, and walk up and down steps.
Desirable Criteria & Qualifications :
- IWCF Well Control certificate or equivalent.
- Ability to innovate and be open to new ideas.
- Competence with Landmark well engineering software packages (OpenWells, Wellcat, Prosper, etc...).
- Participation in continuous improvement processes.
Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We have placed professionals with this company and it's heritage companies for 34+ years.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available