Newman-Johnson-King, Inc. * Established 1957 * Confidential Client
Updated: Sep 18 2012
||Directional Driller, Drilling Consultant, Drilling Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||$150,000 to $200,000 or more + Annual Bonus
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Drilling Engineers > Onshore Oil & Gas Wells North America
Needed For a Major Globally Operated, Fully Integrated Oil & Gas Operating Company
With 10 + years Experience as Onshore Drilling Engineer
Work Location & Schedule:Houston, TX. Travel about 25% overnights.
Salary Range: $150,000 to $200,000 or more DOE + Bonus, depending on 4 + minimum years site drilling engineer experience with an operator or drilling contractor.
Job Type: Full time, directhire, careertrack positions with the operating company; this is NOT a contract position.
Paid Interview Expenses & Relocation Available: Yes including international / expat relo to USA for US authorized.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide well planning designs, procedures, and engineering support for drilling operations which result in safe and efficient construction of wells that comply with regulations and ensure long term well integrity.
- Design wells and develop procedures in accordance with Company and regulatory standards.
- Collaborate with the completions and subsurface teams to make strategic well planning decisions.
- Apply engineering excellence to all well designs and operations.
- Provide engineering support and well information for permitting process. Validate all permit requirements have been met by the well plan and during execution.
- Facilitate and document risk assessments. Highlight risks and integrate mitigations in well plan.
- Utilize a stagegate process to optimize well planning.
- Work with Company's procurement organization to secure longlead items and services.
- Work with the standard practices of the team while also seeking continuous improvement.
- Propose and/or develop new technologies, new applications of technology, and innovations.
- Provide accurate cost estimates and cost forecasting.
- Lead the performance and knowledge management process for projects.
- Conduct postwell reviews and project reviews.
- Monitor service provider performance and work with the procurement team to address performance issues.
- Compile and store historical design, procedures, and handover documentation electronically.
- Provide engineering support to operations during execute phase, including detailed review of operations parameters and operational data.
- Make periodic field visits, especially for prespud and postwell meetings.
- Depending on experience, provide coaching and mentoring to other Drilling Engineers to support technical development.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant industry experience.
- Proven success in a Drilling Engineer role with an operator, demonstrated competence in well design for drilling activities.
- Demonstrated training and competence in well design, including detailed casing, cementing and directional design including anticollision analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Industry (API, etc.) and Regulatory Standards.
- Capable of delivering detailed drilling procedures including well specific programs, fluids programs, and cement procedures.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25% of the time.
Other essential skills and knowledge
- Competence with well engineering software packages.
- Proven track record as a strong team player.
- Ability to work to timelines with minimum supervision.
- Personal commitment and proactive approach to Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Desirable criteria & qualifications
- IWCF Well Control certificate or equivalent.
- Experience designing and executing horizontal and/or sshaped wells.
- Experience in air drilling, desired but not required.
- Experience in any of the following basins is desired but not required: Arkoma (OK), Green River (WY), Woodford (OK), San Juan (NM/CO), Haynesville (TX), Anadarko Granite Wash (TX).
- Must be a USA Citizen or a USA permanent resident.
Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We have placed professionals with this company and it's heritage companies for 34+ years.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available